ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159547
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I feel like any game with unnecessary language is made by jerks.

Define "unnecessary" because I have never played a game where the use of derogatory language that may seem obscene or untasteful to others, becomes a problem. Most game developers use it for a good reason and it adds to the story. And if you have to worry about your parents being around, then they probably buy your games. Meaning it is their lack of parental guidance if they let you pick out a game that may offend them.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The Wii U doesn't belong in this thread seen as it's not a next-gen console.

Any other judgment of these consoles is entirely too premature, because we haven't played the PS4 or the Xbone.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

They are made for an older gaming audience, which means for people who have their own place to play video games. They are not catered towards 18 and under, so stop complaining.

I bet that the majority of console players are under 18 and/or live with their parents
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Any other judgment of these consoles is entirely too premature, because we haven't played the PS4 or the Xbone.

We know about the hardware and we know about the exclusives. It's not all that early.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

The Wii U doesn't belong in this thread seen as it's not a next-gen console.

WTF, of course it is you genius! Look it up!
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

We know about the hardware and we know about the exclusives.

On paper, sure. But we know next to nothing about the exclusives' gameplay, because we haven't played them, and we know zilch about how the hardware disparity affects the games, because we haven't played them.

A console that won't have 90% of upcoming third-party next-gen games AND barely compares to current-gen consoles in terms of processing power?

I don't care what Wikipedia says, I don't care when it came out. It's not next-gen. We might as well be talking about the Ouya.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Love how he ignored what I said.

A console that won't have 90% of upcoming third-party next-gen games AND barely compares to current-gen consoles in terms of processing power?

I agree, it may be next-gen ""Wii but it certainly isn't next-gen console. I thought the Wii would move forward, not downgrade. Whats even more ridiculous is the fact that they sell it for so expensive when it is cheaply made and old parts. Its like building a brand new computer and then putting windows vista on it. When everyone knows that Vista sucks
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Seeing as how the X1 and Ps4 haven't been released yet, we should compare them to Nvidia Shield

AskReddit
AskReddit
5 posts
Nomad

Just because you don't like the console doesn't mean you get to choose what it's called. The Wii U is next generation. The Wii U is literally the next generation of the Wii.

I don't know where you're getting your definition of next generation.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Its a next gen console with last gens parts. The Wii will never amount to anything near the PC or other consoles. It just doesn't have the hardware for it
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Its a next gen console with last gens parts. The Wii will never amount to anything near the PC or other consoles. It just doesn't have the hardware for it

According to that logic, the best consoles have the best technology. That leaves out SO many factors.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

It has the last generation's hardware capacity and will have none of the next generation's games. I'd say both those factors are far more defining of a console's identity than the mere date it came out.

Who cares it's the "next generation of the Wii"? It can't compare with the rest of the next gen, pure and simple, it's not a matter of whether I like it or not. The next gen is going to happen and the Wii U will largely not be a part of it.

I cannot in good conscience call it a peer to the PS4 and X1, sorry. That's delusional.

According to that logic, the best consoles have the best technology. That leaves out SO many factors.

Well, the latest consoles do have the latest technology. Which allows them to play the latest games. That's the core point of a new generation of consoles: allowing games to improve by improving hardware. And the Wii U is doing none of that.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Well, the latest consoles do have the latest technology. Which allows them to play the latest games. That's the core point of a new generation of consoles: allowing games to improve by improving hardware. And the Wii U is doing none of that.

1) Latest does not mean best.
2) Improving hardware doesn't directly improve games.
3) Consoles are about more than just games nowadays, especially the next gen.

Your argument has some holes.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

1) Latest does not mean best.

Actually latest does mean best because in this situation the PS4 and X1 are taking advantage of the latest hardware which is better than what the Wii U uses. Generally speaking the PS4 and X1 will have better looking games that will run smoother

2) Improving hardware doesn't directly improve games.

I don't know where your logic is? Improving hardware definitely improves games. It opens up the world for better graphics, better gameplay, faster running games and realistic worlds. Such as games like Skyrim. We live in a world where everything is improving, so why not utilize the technology being invented. Why stay with older, crappy, technology such as the Wii u

3) Consoles are about more than just games nowadays, especially the next gen.

Consoles should only be made for gaming. We have computers for everything else. PCs are usually cheaper to make anyway so making a console thats built for anything else kind of defeats the Purpose
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

@Isahn

It has the last generation's hardware capacity and will have none of the next generation's games. I'd say both those factors are far more defining of a console's identity than the mere date it came out.

The Xbox One and PS4 will have none of the new Nintendo games that are coming out. Nintendo games are arguably some of the best games that are made nowadays. Super Smash Brothers could take on several "Next gen" games any day of the week.

Who cares it's the "next generation of the Wii"?

Who cares if the PS4
Showing 91-105 of 400