ForumsGamesPS4 vs. Xbox One vs. Wii U

400 159551
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This is the official thread for PlayStation 4 vs. Xbox One. Which will be the one console to rule them all? Let's hear your opinion.

• 400 Replies
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Xbox one doesn't require internet connection for offline games anymore. I'd rather see Nintendo or Microsoft succeed as best, rather than Sony. And by best, I don't mean most things sold, because Nintendo already holds that, but I hate Sony fanboys because they're so hateful. Microsoft and nintendo fans are all like, "yeah, just let me play my game" but the other guys are like, "I'm better than you!" it's the same with Mac Computer lovers.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Xbox one doesn't require internet connection for offline games anymore.

We've been going over this for like the last 10 posts.

I'd rather see Nintendo or Microsoft succeed as best, rather than Sony. And by best, I don't mean most things sold, because Nintendo already holds that, but I hate Sony fanboys because they're so hateful.

I didn't realize we were comparing consoles based on their fans now. That seems like a completely legitimate argument.

Also, do you actually think the fanbases of Microsoft and Nintendo are not as bad? Xbox 360 is a cesspool of 12 year olds, and the Wii U drawing message thing was so overpopulated with penises that Nintendo had to implement a system to block them.
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

the Wii U drawing message thing was so overpopulated with penises that Nintendo had to implement a system to block them.

Really ? I've never heard about it but that's pretty ridiculous. Don't you have link for that?
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant
Loptice
Loptice
242 posts
Peasant

Here you go.

This is awesome. They should sell this to other companies with name Nintendo penis detection.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Dude, are u serious? This was made by a random guy, not Nintendo. I could pick out a lot of things like that from the other systems, but I'm not that pathetic.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I mean sure, Microsoft had an embarrassing E3 conference, but I truly think they'll do well.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Dude, are u serious? This was made by a random guy, not Nintendo.

What are you talking about? That was an interview with the director of the Wii U Miiverse.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

What are you talking about? That was an interview with the director of the Wii U Miiverse.
Yeah, but he didn't make the picture.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Yeah, but he didn't make the picture.

That's not even the point, the picture doesn't matter.

The point is that the Nintendo and Microsoft userbase isn't better than the Sony userbase. They are all pretty ****ty. So the userbase of the platform shouldn't really be used as an argument to decide which console is better.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Everywhere you go there are going to be people that are friendly and people that are not so friendly. So yes, basing a console off of human interactions is the same reason online gameplay is not rated. It is unpredictable and you will never know what is going to happen. I play a lot of Steam games I own something like 64-65. I have played all of those games at least once some more than others (Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Half-life) and some less than others (Sanctum 2, Day of Defeat, etc.) of all the games I have played, I have found that the community of players varies. Except for the COD community, oddly enough they are always the worst ones to deal with.
That being said, If I ever based a game off of any player being a jerk then I would quit playing a lot of games. Because face it, there are jerks out there

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

That being said, If I ever based a game off of any player being a jerk then I would quit playing a lot of games. Because face it, there are jerks out there

I feel like any game with unnecessary language is made by jerks...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I feel like any game with unnecessary language is made by jerks...

These games are also aimed towards an older audience.
Plus, there is value in using a wider range of language
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

These games are also aimed towards an older audience.
Plus, there is value in using a wider range of language

I wanna be able to play a game with my parents around

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

I wanna be able to play a game with my parents around

They are made for an older gaming audience, which means for people who have their own place to play video games. They are not catered towards 18 and under, so stop complaining.
Showing 76-90 of 400