ForumsGamesChibi Knight 2 - I'm doing it, ask me anything!

106 42129
BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

I made Chibi Knight 1, and have been chipping away at the sequel for a while. I'm finally kicking things into gear to finish it off, and I need your help and support to make the final push!

Check out some behind the scenes screenshots here:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficalChibiKnight

Here's the story I've written up so far. This is the first time it's been posted publically!

===============
Every hero faces 2 paths...his choices decide his fate.

After Monocchio's defeat, his spirit and all-seeing eye were banished to the dark realm forever.
Or so the inhabitants of Oukoku thought...

3 years after his defeat, Monocchio's remaining minions began a ploy to summon their master back to the light realm. Two groups rose up to prevent the return of Monocchio.

The Sorcery Clan from the island of Mahou pooled their formidable collection of magic spells and pushed the uprising to the brink of defeat, but at the final moment General Tso reached into the fiery dark realm and unleashed a spell so black it incinerated the eyes of every sorcerer in Oukoku. While the knowledge of Mahoun magic remains in their minds, the sorcerers are unable to execute the intricate eye movements necessary to use their magic. Rumors have since begun to circulate about a youth who will redeem Mahoun magic by learning their most potent spells and defeating General Tso.

After General Tso's victory, Oukoku mourned the loss of its sorcerers. The Beastmasters, long hidden in the Yajuu mountains, broke their 100 year separation from Oukoku and mounted their own attack on General Tso. Using their close connection with animal life, they fiercly dominated Tso's armies and let their beasts feast on the battle remains. In a dastardly move, General Tso poisoned the Yajuu beasts' food supply, thus eliminating decades of specialized training and defeating the Beastmasters' gambit. In shame, they retreated back into the Yajuu mountains with their proverbial tails between their legs. Shortly thereafter, the Yajuu Seers predicted that only one who could master the ways of the Beastmasters and summon the mysterious "Hebi" beast could defeat general Tso.

General Tso, hidden near the Kazangan volcano range, now seeks to complete his plan to bring about the return of the evil Monocchio.
==================

Basically, I want to make the player decide between specializing as a magician or as a beastmaster. Which is an un-revoke-able decision and seriously affects the way the rest of the game plays out.

Ask me anything you like about the game and I'll try to reply in a reasonable amount of time.

--BoMToons

• 106 Replies
frost62
frost62
3 posts
Nomad

make like more then one knight and make them all have there own lvls

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Steam Greenlight is apparently a real pain. I voted yes (I hope that helps) but I've heard most developers say that they don't really tell you anything about how to get your game approved.

Regardless, I hope your game succeeds. I'd gladly pay $5 for Super Chibi Knight (Or Chibi Knight 2?). The first Chibi Knight is one of the few flash games I've actually completed in the past year or so.

Hope it works out.

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

Yeah, Greenlight is a new experience and I hope we make it. Acc to their stats page, Super Chibi knight is about 32% of the way to the top 100. I think Steam only considers it worthwhile if you're in the top 100, but, like you said, who knows?!

frost62
frost62
3 posts
Nomad

make more than one knight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha jk but that would be cool

frost62
frost62
3 posts
Nomad

sorry

Treebs
Treebs
1 posts
Farmer

When will it come out. im really excited for the 2nd because it looks way better than the first and the first was awesome!

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

It will come out when it gets Greenlit on Steam! Do whatever you can to get it some "yes" votes to make it get here faster!

josemiguel_ruizmolina
josemiguel_ruizmolina
1 posts
Nomad

[url=http://]

preedev301
preedev301
5 posts
Nomad

so when will it come out

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

When it gets enough "yes" votes on steam to greenlight it!

preedev301
preedev301
5 posts
Nomad

how many more does it need

pboixx
pboixx
1 posts
Nomad

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=152710075

indy555
indy555
1 posts
Shepherd

finale boss=gannon you=link

BoMToons
BoMToons
68 posts
Nomad

It needs about 29 thousand more votes! :-D

preedev301
preedev301
5 posts
Nomad

29 thousand more vote crap the first one was cool game the maze was fun fighting all 3 of the guardian take there gems put them on the gate facing the finale boss was really easy

Showing 46-60 of 106