ForumsNews and FeedbackMain page display of games

7 4125
AenyeDeithven
AenyeDeithven
28 posts
Chancellor

Hi,

Taking a look at our starting page, an idea has occurred to me. When browsing through the 'new games' section, one can see the title, number of plays and number of favourites of each game, together with a mouseover synopsis. The abstracts' level of writing style is varied.IMHO, some of them are informative as to gameplay, however, many are not as useful...

Noiticing the presence of some unoccupied space in the game "IDs", I would like to suggest another piece of information to be added. As all of the new games are already sorted into existing categories, this fact could also be displayed in the game "ID card". To outline and exemplify my suggestion, I would direct your attention to the following image. As this is just a MS paint work, please do bear with the "grittiness" of my graphic additions and focus on the very idea.

http://s1.pokazywarka.pl/i/705024/715430/ag.jpg

Cheers,
Aenye

• 7 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Good idea, but I have a couple things to add:

1) The category could also be included in the hover popup as well as/instead of under the name/rating/quests/plays.
2) If/when game tags are added, those should be included in the hover popup.

AenyeDeithven
AenyeDeithven
28 posts
Chancellor

1) This could be even better, as the page wouldn't become as clattered with eye-candy, keeping it clear and easy to browse through.

2) That's the logic solution, but somehow I don't feel tags will be coming anytime soon. Also, on the topic, the old HOTU (home of the underdogs) site does have a nicely done theme system. Just saying. ;-)

Yognautik
Yognautik
12 posts
Blacksmith

I think they should implement this but there are not a lot on genres on this website so maybe there should also be added genres.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Well..I'm inclined to agree since there is that extra space. Plus, it would help with those with a specific gaming mindset

AenyeDeithven
AenyeDeithven
28 posts
Chancellor

Indeed, especially when concerning MMOs, which are particularly infuriating in my book (maybe it's just me, but the majority of MMOs on ArmorGames are copy-pastes of two-three ideas, where only the theme is being changed).

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Indeed, especially when concerning MMOs, which are particularly infuriating in my book (maybe it's just me, but the majority of MMOs on ArmorGames are copy-pastes of two-three ideas, where only the theme is being changed).

You can identify an mmo by the fact that it won't have a rating, just a number of plays.

~~~Darth Caedus
AenyeDeithven
AenyeDeithven
28 posts
Chancellor

While I'm aware of that, I must admit not to pay much attention to that fact when "hunting for games to play", often focusing only on the description. Call me a ditz, but I would like it spelt out in capital letters. ;-)

Showing 1-7 of 7