Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

We're eating poison

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 5:15pm

SSTG

SSTG

12,172 posts

Knight

The food companies are using pesticides that cause cancer. It's scientifically proven and it's horrible. Monsanto doesn't know what they're doing, and someone has to change it. Either shut them down, or make find a cleaner, and healthier way, to live.

Monsanto is a criminal organization and since they have so much power, they can abuse people without being punished for it.
Thanks to the Conservative agenda that wants the corporations to do what they want, we are screwed more and more everyday.

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 5:18pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,513 posts

Tests show that rats died a lot faster when eating the chemicals. It must be somewhat harmful to us.

It brings a tear to my eye when I see someone previously-deadlocked in their way of thinking to finally looking at things in an Evolutionary perspective. It's like we're actually doing something good around here!

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 8:49pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,518 posts

Knight

Harmful, but I can't afford organic stuff. It's tasty anyway.

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 9:30pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,797 posts

Knight

Tests show that rats died a lot faster when eating the chemicals. It must be somewhat harmful to us.

Are you referring tot he study where they had pictures of rats with cancer after eating GMOs? The study that used rats with a predisposition to developing cancer, incredibly low sample sizes and was funded by people who would have something to gain from the discontinued sale of all GMO products?

Now don't get me wrong I'm not defending Monsanto. They have plenty wrong in their field. I'm just trying to be cautious about having GMO = poison.

Monsanto is a criminal organization and since they have so much power, they can abuse people without being punished for it.
Thanks to the Conservative agenda that wants the corporations to do what they want, we are screwed more and more everyday.

Conservative: We want government deregulation!
Conservative: We want to government to stop this company from doing whatever it wants!

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 11:25pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,518 posts

Knight

Conservative: We want government deregulation!
Conservative: We want to government to stop this company from doing whatever it wants!

Never pleasing some folk.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 10:13am

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Never pleasing some folk.

Conservatives believe that everyone has their own rights. If a company wants to run a certain way, go ahead. Conservatives just protest that these corporations make most of the food we eat. Aside form organic, there should be another way.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 10:34am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,518 posts

Knight

Conservatives believe that everyone has their own rights. If a company wants to run a certain way, go ahead. Conservatives just protest that these corporations make most of the food we eat. Aside form organic, there should be another way.

So from what I get, you're going to protest, but in effect, not protest to clamp down on them, but merely raise your voices and banners to show your displeasure, then go home and eat a nice organic cucumber salad? Sounds like a brilliant plan.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 1:25pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,797 posts

Knight

So they have the right to run their business in a way that has them making most of the food we eat? And they have the right to make that food with long term hazards to us?

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 2:44pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

They have the right to do wjhat they want, but there shold be a distinct icon or something saying that "This food is made with GMOs." Most of the food we eat has no way of telling.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 2:44pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Again, just going against me cause I'm me.

Reply to We're eating poison

You must be logged in to post a reply!