ForumsNews and Feedback[Necro] Dear Armor Games, Please Add This Simple Feature

14 8504
thecharacter11
thecharacter11
2 posts
Peasant

Dear Armor Games,

My Goal: Add a button that will dim the background to a dark color so my monitor is not so bright when I play games.

The white background around my game puts a strain on my eyes, and I find myself resizing the window around the game width/height to expose more of my dark desktop to lower the white intensity. I visited Adult Swim's game zone where they include this feature, and I found it to be cool enough to not only remember to but to suggest to you.

Thank you for your time!

• 14 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

This..is actually a pretty good idea.

+1

xxx12345
xxx12345
2 posts
Treasurer

Have you tried to change settings of your monitor?

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

+1

This!
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

There is a way to play your games in fullscreen, it involves loading the cache where the game is stored. (don't remember the exact link)

~~~Darth Caedus

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

wouldn't it just be easier to turn down your brightness?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

wouldn't it just be easier to turn down your brightness?

That would darken the background, but the game would also darken. The intent of the suggested feature is to darken the background without darkening the game.
Lolpopop111
Lolpopop111
16 posts
Farmer

This is an awesome idea! I have short-sightedness and when I look away from the screen dark blobs appear :c so i turned down the brightness which kind of makes the games less fun y'know? So having a setting to change the background darkness would be great!

jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

A +1 from me! Great idea.

AenyeDeithven
AenyeDeithven
28 posts
Chancellor

I agree, but imho, it would be simpler just to change the white background to something less eye-hurting (black would be too much, but the forum background I see (dark blue) seems to do the trick well) globally.

Another way it could be done is to give each user an option in their profile to set background colour.

Dogywolf
Dogywolf
1 posts
Peasant

Add the feature that allows to change the background!!!

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@thecharacter11 This is also a feature in AFG+ so you can try that for now, but I do agree, this would be a great feature for everyone.

So yeah +1 too

thecharacter11
thecharacter11
2 posts
Peasant

Thanks everyone for supporting this request!

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

No need to revive dead threads.... locked

Showing 1-13 of 14