ForumsThe TavernPain

20 5891
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Pain is familiar to all of us. We've expeienced all kinds of pain, like physical or emotional pain. We've all felt it, we've all had our greatest pain, we've all told stories about our pain(or not). And now its time to share that with the ArmorGames community.

tl;dr: Tell about your pain.

One day in the third grade, I was sleeping in bed. My cat jumped up with me into bed, so I picked him up and set him down on my face and I kept doing it. Finally my cat got sick of it and scratched my eye with its back claw. It hurt so bad and it was bleeding, my eye sight was fine but I had a scar over my eye for the next month.

Emotional pain... I'll have to come back to that one.

• 20 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I haven't had any terribly 'orrible things happen to me. No broken bones, no near-death experiences.
Phyical: I mean the bloodiest wound I'd ever had was when I was climbing a tree. I fell, tried to grab the tree, nailed my hand on a spiky bit, and sliced it open from the top of my pinky to the bottom of my palm, but that didn't hurt all that much. I mean, yeah, it bled all over the freaking place, but it didn't hurt. This other time, I was riding a scooter down a steep hill. I kind of almost ran over my neighbor's dog Winston, so to avoid him I swerved into my mailbox, bashing my knee on the driveway and practically shredding my skin, and smacking the side of my head into the mailbox [which is why it's wobbly right now]. Yep, I have to say that hurt a lot, even after my knee healed. I've got a pretty high pain tolerance when it comes to bruises and smacking into things. As of recently, nothing overly terrible has happened.
Emotional: My grandpa died a few days before my birthday.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

error 47. Need I say more?

darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

I don't go out a lot, so I haven't had much phyical pain. The worst being when I ran into a wall and chipped one of my teeth... that didn't hurt, but a slammed my hands into the wall and that hurt pretty bad.

Emotional pain is much worse. When I came out to my parents a few years ago... and seeing the disappointment in their eyes. My father told me straight out " I can't support you on this". Now I have to see a theripst every couple weeks to "get this nonsense out of my head".

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Physical:
tore meniscus in both knees falling (2 months ago)
wisdom teeth pulled (4 months ago)
elbow tendonitis (6 months ago)
minor shoulder tear from car accident (3 years ago)
dislocated index finger from football (4 years ago)
hairline fractured rib from football (4 years ago)

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Physical? Oh, I don't know. Lots of things. Last spring break I was solo backpacking on the AT and I hurt my knee pretty bad. I had to hike another 2.5 days (about 45 miles) on it... (and me without pain pills!) After I got back/was rescued I could barely move around for weeks.

Emotional? You know how it is. Oddly enough it involved the person who rescued me from my hiking incident. Such is life!

Showing 16-20 of 20