ForumsArt, Music, and WritingImage Hosts

7 4049
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Does anyone know of an image host where you can upload an image to a specific name? Can't do that with the new system on photobucket.

• 7 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I mean a specific URL. Imgur gives you a random one for every image you upload.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Does it have to be on the image URL itself? Because alternatively, you could use something like tinyurl to link to the image.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

i would like to just maintain the style of past Community Tile Projects with the image in the first post updated instead of having it somewhere in the body of the thread posted multiple times at different stages.

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

well the problem with most image hosts generate some sorta url because they have to deal with alot of names. even DA does some sorta random number at the end of the url...best thing I could think of is to go with tinyur as KentyDK suggested...or go through a list of sites and see if any fit your needs

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15988137/TEST.bmp
Another (albeit slightly overkill) solution would be to use Dropbox, which can do exactly what you want, as long as you just keep changing the same base file.

Granted, installing Dropbox just for this seems somewhat unnecessary, but it's an option either way.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'll just think of something else, then.

Showing 1-6 of 7