ForumsWEPRWhat really made the USA such a world power?

21 8505
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Well I wanted to see what other people say about how USA got to be such a great world power?

• 21 Replies
GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Let me ask you a better question. What makes you believe that the USA is this "Great World Superpower?"

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

WW2 and FDR (do i rly hav to splain myself?)

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Let me share with you this. The USA is a corrupt nation that hides behind the media to hide the fact that we aren't really as well off as they say we are. Need I "splain" myself?

StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

The USA is not corrupt. The problem with the USA is that they are starting to get more bad people in high places. They are the ones messing everything up. So the media is only so big because those bad people are making them and letting them. They USA is a world "Super power" weather you like it or not. Their ARMY is the greatest and most advanced in the WORLD! Noone can mess with them because if they do, they know what is going to happen. Unfortunatly, the USA is luering itself into another depression because the House is getting overwhelmed with democrats that want to switch EVERYTHING around. There is almost nothing that can be done to stop this and the USA's gov't is digging itself a grave.

stumpyyy
stumpyyy
173 posts
Nomad

The U S of A is the best. It's not a world power, it's just that we have soo many people that live here.

GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

@ Starscreamer

The USA is not corrupt.

Ok...

The problem with the USA is that they are starting to get more bad people in high places. They are the ones messing everything up. So the media is only so big because those bad people are making them and letting them.

That would sort of make it corrupt. I'm talking about the people running the U.S
StarScreamer
StarScreamer
608 posts
Shepherd

Yes it is a world power. What other country is more technically advanced and physically steady as the USA? There are none. Although some countries are coming close the USA just pulls away with another discovery of somthing. The USA is the strongest and most powerful country in the world which makes them a "world power".

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Let me share with you this. The USA is a corrupt nation that hides behind the media to hide the fact that we aren't really as well off as they say we are. Need I "splain" myself?

just because a country is corrupt doesnt mean its not a world power, looka at russia back in soviet times. Therefore, I declare IRRELEVANCE!
MAD_MASTER
MAD_MASTER
35 posts
Nomad

first where the world leader in about everything yeah russia maybe big but they are war torn and are still getting there economy together plus its really cold there so they cant have good farming.

BlazeLax38
BlazeLax38
63 posts
Nomad

Well Im not going to get into any sort of country fight but the USA is a world power even though their economy is kind of crumbling.

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

@BlazeLaz, the United States economy is not crumbling. It is just having some bad things going on in the government.

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

first where the world leader in about everything yeah russia maybe big but they are war torn and are still getting there economy together plus its really cold there so they cant have good farming.

i said back in soviet times, in the cold war, they arent as big now, still big though but not as big.
GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

Hmm... you have a point SkullZero1. Still though, we may come off as some big world power, but I'll take any bet that if we went to war with Russia right now, we would lose.

^^(Just an example)

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

Still though, we may come off as some big world power, but I'll take any bet that if we went to war with Russia right now, we would lose.

explain why please.
GregWeeler
GregWeeler
259 posts
Nomad

The reasons are quite clear really. The whole main reason for me saying that is because we are far from being economically capable of going to war again.

Showing 1-15 of 21