ForumsNews and Feedback[Necro] Advertisements are overly exaggerated on AG?

113 66066
jbondguy007
jbondguy007
47 posts
Scribe

Do you think that advertisements are overly exaggerated? "Roll over" adds are so annoying, how are we supposed to play if every time we move our mouse, there's a popping advertisement in your screen? And the adds on the sides of the home page are, how should I say... Inappropriate? I mean, I know you want your game to get all the attention, but here's a tip: You don't necessarily need half nude people on your add to attract gamers. Duh.
Let me know what you guys think about that!

• 113 Replies
mickeyray5
mickeyray5
2 posts
Peasant

Why are they advertising for Al Jazera? They should have some standards.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Why are they advertising for Al Jazera? They should have some standards.

I don't have problem with Al Jazeera itself because it's an alternative to news controlled by rich criminals but why advertise for it on a game site?
TV5 is also a good alternative for biased American news.
Fuzio
Fuzio
63 posts
Nomad

The ads are just fine. The ones that pop up when you roll over them are annoying when you are trying to play a game, but you learn to keep your mouse where it belongs...... in the game and not on random parts of the screen!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Don't see why Al-Jazeera gets so much malignant flak. All news channels are biased TACE, and Al-Jazeera is one of those non-Western media channels that is fairer. Kind of speaks for itself when half a dozen ME nations have either banned it, or censored it in some form or another. It merely gets a torrid time in the American press.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Don't see why Al-Jazeera gets so much malignant flak. All news channels are biased TACE, and Al-Jazeera is one of those non-Western media channels that is fairer. Kind of speaks for itself when half a dozen ME nations have either banned it, or censored it in some form or another. It merely gets a torrid time in the American press.

Of course, America's control by rich powerful weasels who decide what the population watches in order to control them better. They don't like foreigners coming to inform their people otherwise.

Last year I saw some Jewish developers bulldozing olive trees from an elderly Palestinian woman. They took over her land so they could build more houses.
The woman said this land was in her family for generations and it was her way of living. I was really disgusted when I saw this.
That was on the news on TV5 (international french channel).
I checked on American news everywhere for a couple days and they never even mention anything about this event.
I wonder why?
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I'm playing on Newgrounds now since they don't have nearly as many ads as AG does.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I'm playing on Newgrounds now since they don't have nearly as many ads as AG does.

So AG is filled with ads. Boo-friggity-hoo. Newgrounds is filled with idiots. Even the game quality is significantly lower. It's like Kongregate on steroids. I didn't last one day in either community because I felt like I was talking to a series of brick walls. Are you really willing to subject yourself to that way of life just because of a few harmless ads?
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

As a li'l update, I figured I'd be my friendly old self and disable my ad blocker (Adblock Plus, in my case) for ArmorGames.com.*

That seems to treat me to a few more blank spaces, I'm guessing they now get caught out by Ghostery, as a likely next culprit

Just a friendly suggestion, perhaps a little further tweaking in concordance with such programs or their developers would again lead to a satisfactory solution for all parties.

* What prompted it really was a friendly note on DuckDuckGo's site to do such, for them. After some initial unwillingness to, I figured why not.

My observation just above seems to have been resolved btw, don't ask me at what or who's end, no idea.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

nb

That seems to treat me to a few more blank spaces, I'm guessing they now get caught out by Ghostery, as a likely next culprit

Leading to the interesting question btw, does that blank space suffice to trigger your revenue, or not?
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

So AG is filled with ads. Boo-friggity-hoo. Newgrounds is filled with idiots. Even the game quality is significantly lower. It's like Kongregate on steroids. I didn't last one day in either community because I felt like I was talking to a series of brick walls. Are you really willing to subject yourself to that way of life just because of a few harmless ads?

YES!!
pwnup220
pwnup220
6 posts
Shepherd

The only adds that are overly annoying are those KiZi ads, were not only we have to do some unpassable time seeing the annoying add, but that we have to listen to that annoying woman in EACH TIME, it is frustrating, and we have to see that cheapskate dragon playing games with a murderous smile in his face.

pwnup220
pwnup220
6 posts
Shepherd

Ok now this is a bit on breaking point, sorry for double post, but that KiZi ad just seems to have gained Artificial cruelty, as it doesnt let the game load because it cannot load itself, that is twice worse

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Could you post a picture? I'll look into it.

pwnup220
pwnup220
6 posts
Shepherd

Thanks Ferret, but it seems the problem is fixed, youre the best admin ever.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks Ferret, but it seems the problem is fixed, youre the best admin ever

Everyone knows this. Ferret is the man.
Showing 91-105 of 113