ForumsGamesThe Last of Us

10 3901
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

It's shameful I don't see a thread around here for what might just be the greatest game of this console generation. The Last of Us pushes the boundaries of videogame characterization, storytelling and immersion. It's probably the most gorgeous game I've ever played on a console, too. Naughty Dog has proved itself one of the best developers of today.

• 10 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I want to see it come to pc or at least the next one to come to pc (If they make one) and I think I would actually like to see it made into a movie because I really liked the story and it was like watching a movie for me when I watched through frankieonpcin1080ps letsplay.

Spore
Spore
1,106 posts
Peasant

I only have a PC, but I've seen some gameplay footage and it's more like a movie than a game...

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I only have a PC, but I've seen some gameplay footage and it's more like a movie than a game...

That's incorrect. The game is cinematic but not on the level of Heavy Rain.

I want to see it come to pc or at least the next one to come to pc

Nope. Naughty Dog only makes games for Sony. This is like asking 343 to release Halo 4 for PC.

The ending punched me in the gut. Wasn't sure how to feel about what happened.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

I only have a PC, but I've seen some gameplay footage and it's more like a movie than a game

That how I like single player games should be IMO because it you more of a feel for the characters and the whole atmosphere.

Nope. Naughty Dog only makes games for Sony. This is like asking 343 to release Halo 4 for PC.

I thought that but is is set in stone or could they potentially do it after how popular it is?

The ending punched me in the gut. Wasn't sure how to feel about what happened.

I loved the ending I thought it was more realistic then a lot of games that just having her die and have had the cure to cure everyone I think I would have done the same in joels place because after spending so long with someone and having them save your life I wouldn't want to throw there life away for a chance that might not even help the human race.
d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

I thought that but is is set in stone or could they potentially do it after how popular it is?

It doesn't matter how popular it is. The game was obviously going to be popular, it's Naughty Dog. This is isn't the same situation as Dark Souls becoming a hit and therefore being ported to PC. The Last Of Us is made for PS3 by developers who exclusively work on PS3. So yes it's set in stone. There's even a little feature where your flashlight dies, and how you fix it is by shaking the controller. Which I believe could only work on Dualshock controllers.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The ending wasn't satisfying, at a gut level, but it was honest to the characters. I don't know if it's what I would have done, I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but it is what they would have done.

And I applaud Naughty Dog for being brave enough to be true to the characters and not going for cheap satisfaction.

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

The ending wasn't satisfying, at a gut level, but it was honest to the characters. I don't know if it's what I would have done, I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but it is what they would have done.

I don't understand why it would not be satisfying. It shows that there really is no good or bad in that world. It makes you unsure of how to feel even though Joel and Ellie get to safely live out their lives. That right there is a good ending.
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I meant like, you know, Hollywood satisfying. Big finale, all ends tied, everything is right and resolved in the world, everyone learning big lessons and becoming better people, and all decisions are unquestionably right.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

It's called "The Last of Us". The ending you were looking for doesn't fit a game where society has collapsed, the world has gone to ****, and people get raped, eaten, robbed, etc. Maybe try Dead Space?

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Did you miss the part where I praised Naughty Dog for the ending?

Showing 1-10 of 10