ForumsArt, Music, and WritingSomewhat Pertinent Confessions

48 19716
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

In this thread I am going to periodically write miscellaneous thoughts I have while on AG. Some of them might be AG-related, while others may be random thoughts. Think of it like a journal.

I am probably going to use aliases for people to protect their identities. It depends on the situation.

• 48 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Aye, those 5 hours of inactivity are excruciating

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Even when everything remains so still, bonds are still being formed.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

But the closest of bonds are formed at Absolute Zero.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

But the closest of bonds are formed at Absolute Zero.

Eh? There's no kinetic energy for particles to move at absolute zero...how could they form bonds?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The lack of kinetic energy enables the atomss to get very close together, forming a solid. May be not bonding in the covalent or ionic sense. More strong atomic forces, I think. Or Lewis bonding, not sure.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I don't think that would be bonding at all. Pretty sure the atoms would just sit close together, and the clumps of atoms would be solids. But absolute zero is impossible so there can't be any real definition.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I think you're confusing yourself here. Intramolecular bonds (covalent and ionic) do not "get shorter". These bonds oscillate around an equilibrium that isn't temperature dependent. There certainly is a difference between the minimum and maximum bond length at different temperatures, but they hover around a fixed equilibrium. The stronger the bond, the smaller the difference. At higher temperatures, the length can be longer than what it would be at absolute zero but it can also be shorter! That is intramolecular and molecules exists at solid, liquid, and gas phases. Intermolecular bonds are the stuff between molecules that are different in gas, liquid, and solid phases. For things that melt, the bond length is certainly greater in liquid than in solid. If you're also thinking of thermal expansion, bond length does "increase" because there is greater oscillation about a greater minimum and maximum bond length.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Sometimes when I read people's writing on here, it looks like jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrgjkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcfdrg and other such nonsense. How the heck can people read their own writing!?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Re-posting that because it's obnoxious to read. Yes, I am aware of the irony. Shut up.

---

Sometimes when I read people's writing on here, it looks like jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf jkhdscfdhbfjbsdfjesfuiecnfueruisygdcf and other such nonsense. How the heck can those people read their own writing!?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

and Ganondorf

Weird... you've put me before pang....
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm scared this thread will become the epitome of nonsense, the destruction of rational thought, the end of concentration, the... uh... wot?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I was thinking about doing a role-playing story here in the AMW but I don't know if I'll get volunteers.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

pang get in the chat now or I will have an aneurysm.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Hey thread.

So tonight a very weird thing happened. I was in the FGA chat doing whatever, and I decided to go to bed. I lied down in my bed just as I would any other night, but I woke up on my bathroom floor. My bathroom window was wide open and it was 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside, so I shut it.

I walked into my bedroom and saw that my computer was on. Before I went back to bed, I decided to check the chat one last time. Trip and Flamer saw me and acted a little strange, so I asked them what was up. I told Trip I slept from 9 until 12, and he was in disbelief. They said I went to bed much later than that. They also said that during that time I was up I was asking really weird questions like "Why is there smoke everywhere" and "where is my window". Apparently I was being generally weird at first and they thought I was screwing around, but after some time they thought I was seriously out of it. I was told it seemed like I was high, delusional or drunk and I was mistaking simple words, speaking in broken Spanish and fat out being odd.

I do things to help with health problems and sometimes they cause odd behavior. I'm assuming that caused it, and this isn't the first time this has happened. Weird, nonetheless.

Showing 31-45 of 48