ForumsWEPRHolidays changed for the money

33 16217
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

So many holidays (Holy Days) were created with Catholic intentions, but were distorted by modern day society to have no religious meaning, and only used to make money. Christmas, Christ's birth, is the biggest money-making holiday around now. Charlie Brown's Christmas was the last Christmas Special with any religious meaning in it. Halloween, the eve of all saints, had been turned into monsters and candy only. Easter, Christ's rising from the dead, somehow only marks the beginning of spring, involving eggs, candy, and bunnies. "St." Valentines day, somehow became a day of love, even though it's honoring a saint. St. Patrick's day became a day of leprechauns rather than St. Patrick. Thanksgiving became turkey day, and was about harvest, and the thanks to God was removed. The American holidays were always masonic, so they don't count. I'm going away, so I'll address the people saying, "Where in the bible does it say that?" next week.

• 33 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Declan, go to the first page, last comment, second link. It's about Yule. I think you'll find it interesting.

You see, I'm not saying christians have no festivals original to themselves, they just absorbed the most important festivities and rites of the communities they converted, making them part of the celebrations. Which is why so many christian holidays have a christian mythology background and pagan roots.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I read it all, and OBVIOUSLY you didn't read the rest of my paragraph

Then you would have read my link that showed that Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

and OBVIOUSLY you didn't read the rest of my paragraph.

I did. And if you had read what we've been saying, you'd already know that it's a bunch of apologetics and is ignoring the point. HahiHa summarized nicely.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

Declan, go to the first page, last comment, second link. It's about Yule. I think you'll find it interesting.

Germanic holidays "considered" Christmas have no relation to the true Christmas. Perhaps this is the one that actually has pagan roots.

You see, I'm not saying Christians have no festivals original to themselves, they just absorbed the most important festivities and rites of the communities they converted, making them part of the celebrations. Which is why so many christian holidays have a christian mythology background and pagan roots.

I get what you all mean, but I still think you all miss the point. Christmas wasn't started by pagans. It, being around the same time and having similar feelings maybe, included or mixed them up for modern day society, so that even atheists could spend money on gifts.

2) Jesus wasn't actually born December 25

They have no idea which star was the Star of Christ.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

so that even atheists could spend money on gifts.

I didn't know the gifts part is christian tradition? I thought it isn't.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

They have no idea which star was the Star of Christ.

Australian stargazer Dave Reneke used complex computer software to chart the exact positions of all celestial bodies and map the night sky as it would have appeared over the Holy Land more than 2,000 years ago.
He discovered that a bright star really did appear over Bethlehem 2,000 years ago - but pinpointed the date of Christ's birth as June 17, and not December 25.
Scientists claim the Christmas star was most likely a magnificent conjunction of the planets Venus and Jupiter, which were so close together they would have shone unusually brightly as a single 'beacon of light' which appeared suddenly.

From the Source

And I've read somewhere else that even from clues in the Bible, Jesus's birth would have been sometime around Summer. I'll see if I can find it later.

Christmas wasn't started by pagans.

The traditions and essentially the backbone of the holiday were, and then it was incorporated by Christians.

so that even atheists could spend money on gifts.

wat.jpg
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
478 posts
Nomad

I didn't know the gifts part is christian tradition? I thought it isn't.

St. Nicholas gave gifts to the poor, so this is how gift-giving originated.

Australian stargazer Dave Reneke used complex computer software to chart the exact positions of all celestial bodies and map the night sky as it would have appeared over the Holy Land more than 2,000 years ago.
He discovered that a bright star really did appear over Bethlehem 2,000 years ago - but pinpointed the date of Christ's birth as June 17, and not December 25.
Scientists claim the Christmas star was most likely a magnificent conjunction of the planets Venus and Jupiter, which were so close together they would have shone unusually brightly as a single 'beacon of light' which appeared suddenly.

Still no solid proof here.

wat.jpg

The industry wanted everyone to be able to be included in the holiday, so that they could spend money.

The traditions and essentially the backbone of the holiday were, and then it was incorporated by Christians.

The tree, supposedly, the colors (red and green), and mistletoe and holly, were all pagan. The elves were also pagan, and that's about it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Still no solid proof here.

Person 1: "I have a rock"
Person 2: "I don't believe you, where's the proof?"
1: *shows person 2 the rock*
2: "That isn't solid proof."

The industry wanted everyone to be able to be included in the holiday, so that they could spend money.

And leads you to believe this?
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

I'd say that its... rock solid. Eh? Eh?
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Around here its more like:
Person 1: [spouts some wild mythological claim]
Person 2: hmm, here is some evidence to the contrary
Person 1: Still don't see any Proof that my baseless claim is false!
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

.....that's basically the definition of proof. You have given us to solid proof. The wonderful people against you, however, haven given you much proof. And it's a common fact Jesus was not born on December 25th. It was just picked due to a pagan-thing that was at that time.

I'd say that its... rock solid. Eh? Eh?

Ba dum CSHHHHHH. We'll be here all week ladies and gentlemen!
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Funny how every christian holiday just so happens to have pagan background.

That's because Christianity co-opted many pagan cultural traditions in order to get converts. It was a way of saying "see what you have over there? We have that too, come join us." It's not unlike the inclusion of rock music and other elements in this "Vatican II" you're against. This sort of adaptation and assimilation has been in the religion through out it's history.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/atheistjokes/churchborg.jpg
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

It's funny.

When knightdeclan isn't on, nobody posts anything because the rest of us are in a mild agreement and have nothing to oppose or dissect since he is the only one filling that role.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I could temporarily fill in for the role.

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

Ahem.

SalDeclan. Your ideas are terrible. You are incredibly ignorant. Go suck a cactus.

Showing 16-30 of 33