Forums

ForumsForum Games

Creation of an RPG

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 4:10pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

This is an experimental idea that requires support from AG forum gamers. I got this ambitious idea from seeing EvilSweetBlock's thread RPG land.

The concept
Players suggest ideas about adding/removing content from the game to moderators who accept or reject the idea.(Admins and Mods can make suggestions, but the suggestions need a majority vote from all the other mods and admins.) Then, once there is an RPG to play in, another thread will be made for playing in the RPG. The goal is to have a fully functioning RPG that is getting minor tweaks every so often.

Every 3 pages (Pages 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,...) All the new rules/additions/changes in the previous three pages will be posted by an admin and come into effect. so if your new (and this experiment actually works) check those pages.

Ranks:
AdminThe guys who give and take powers)Admins are mods that can give and take mod powers. There can not be more than five admins at a time.A mod is promoted to

an admin if a majority of the current admins agree on it. The only way for someone to stop being an admin is if they resign their position or by majority vote of admins.

GM: (the guy who runs the RPG once it's been made enough to be playable.) The GM is an Admin that controls and regulates the world that the players play in.

Mod:Approve of and unapprove of suggestion made by players.There cannot be more than five non-admin mods at a time.

Player:Players suggest ideas to the mods. Players also play in the RPG that is made (in the separate thread).

Building Sheet (more can be added)
Username:

Character sheet (more needs to be added)
Character name:

I'm sure that the first people to see this thread will by confused. so don't hesitate to ask your questions.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 4:13pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

Building Sheet
Username: BlazingZelda

Naturally I have to start as an admin for this thing to be possible.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 4:49pm

evilsweetblock

evilsweetblock

2,286 posts

Hey man, its me. I'd like to know if I qualify as an admin here.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 4:58pm

thfcJack

thfcJack

111 posts

Could I be put on a waiting list for players? Any ideas of what the game might be about?

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 5:26pm

evilsweetblock

evilsweetblock

2,286 posts

thfcjack, if you want rules go to the forum listed here
that one is mine and it has the rules.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 8:46pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

Yeah your an admin now, but ,due to the nature of this experiment, you or I could have our admin powers taken away.

Sure, just sign up when the RPG is made. Well... I was thinking possibly fantasy... but it's really up to when you, the player, to suggest your ideas to evil and I.

No... yours is just the inspiration for this. I'm not retaining the rules you set up...

Building Sheet

I have a suggestion for a new character sheet

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
STR:
MAG:
SKLL:
SPD:
DEF:
RES:

Now, evil can either accept or reject my suggestion.

Posted Jul 5, '13 at 9:59pm

thfcJack

thfcJack

111 posts

Ok, fantasy would be pretty fun I think. But since we can throw ideas out there, what about a zeppelin/ steampunk themed game? I keep thinking that would make a cool game but I'm up for anything, especially a fantasy rpg.

I'm anxious to see what others think. Hopefully this will really take off.

And that character sheet draft... Any inspiration from Fire Emblem?

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 4:49pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

I'll make you an admin thfcjack, just cause.

This will either die really quickly or be a big hit... I'm hoping for the latter.

um... well... yeah. I'm a big fan of the three games I've played so far... I suggested it because it covers several aspects of a character... it can always be added to or taken away from.

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 4:59pm

thfcJack

thfcJack

111 posts

It's a good template! It's simple and it does allow you to cover pretty much everything you need to. And now that I'm an admin, I can vote on that right? I vote in favor of the character sheet you have proposed.

I only played two of them- FE 7 ( I think, if 7 is the one with Eliwood) and Sacred Stones. Great games

Posted Jul 6, '13 at 5:30pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

Note: you can make suggestions to improve the builder sheet.

I think that whenever you do something official(a suggestion, a vote, a promoting someone) you should post your builder sheet.

Builder Sheet

Well since it's a majority vote the character sheet has been edited to look like this

Character sheet
Name:
HP:
STR:
MAG:
SKLL:
SPD:
DEF:
RES:

Now I think we should decide the theme... I would like for more people to be involved though... you don't even have to play the finished product. just come and make some suggestions for fun.

@thfcJack
I've played FE Path of Radiance, FE Radiant dawn, and FE Awakening.

Reply to Creation of an RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!