ForumsPopular MediaCartoons or Animes that influenced who you are.

2 5644
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

When I was a kid there were many kid shows that were a big part of my life and made me what I am now, kind of.
Rocket Robin Hood introduced me to sci-fi and space.
Goldorak
Made me like the genre a lot!
Galaxy Express 999 I wanted to be an astronaut because of it!
Vicky the Viking I loved Vikings and their longboats after watching it!
Demetan
First time I cried while watching an anime. This mean Catfish killed a little frog (I still have a lump in my throat). It also made my like Japanese and frogs!
Once upon a time..man Introduced me to my all time favorite classical music piece
(Toccata & Fuga in D minor by Johann Sebastian Bach) and made me love History big time!
The Mysterious Cities of Gold the best series I ever watched! Made me love Mayas, Aztecs, South-America, explorers, ships!
I have the soundtrack (french version) and I still enjoy it!
The Looney Tunes, of course! (no links needed). Introduced me to classical music, sarcasm, rednecks, hillbillies, dragons, cat chasing bird, rooster making fun of dog, stuttering pig, crazy duck, coyote chasing road runner, very fast Mexican mouse, ACME, martians, etc. xD

What are yours? Please share with us?

• 2 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

as for my childhood:

sabans adventures of oliver twist-im not the most outgoing person but i would have been completely boring without this one XD

nils holgersson- im pretty sure this is why i love animals so much and treat them like friends and not inferiour beings

alfred j kwak- this teaches alot about well.... everything. it had racism, nazism, whale hunting and even michael duckson in it :3

as for later years:

fruits basket- not only it made me want to be a better person. it also taught me that its ok to be different. that in the end there will be a group of people who will accept and even love the difference in you.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

@thebluerabbit
Yeah, we learn more than we think by watching cartoons.
I forgot to mention that I learned most of my English from Bugs Bunny.

Showing 1-2 of 2