ForumsWEPRIlluminati

7 2240
oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

In Angels & Demons, it described an Ancient brother hood called the Illuminati. Do you believe this group actually might still exist?

What are your thoughts on it?
I just found this book really interesting so I wanted to know if you heard anything and i want to know your thoughts.

• 7 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Could we have a bit more information on what Angels & Demons is? I'm assuming it's some kind of publication, but what genre, what is it about etc.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

I really son't think it exists because it is ancient. I don't think that iit will still be in the world today. It might be in places we have never heard about but nobody porbably knows about it.

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

To Strop. Angels & Demons was a book by Dan Brown. Its about how Robert Langdon, a symbologist, saves vatican city, from the group the illuminati. The book was published before The Da Vinci code. But have the same character.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

@oshimoto- There have historically been several groups known as the Illuminati, the most notable being an 18th century, Bavarian secret-society. I haven't read Angels and Demons, I thought the Da Vinci Code was too dull, so I don't know which one you are talking about, Wikipedia it.

@strop- It's the prequel to the Da Vinci Code, and I think is supposed to be like a mystery, where someone tries to kill the pope.

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

Yeah, you guys could just wiki it. He has a website forgot what it was.

Eric_Cartman
Eric_Cartman
100 posts
Nomad

3 words : Metal Gear Solid in MGS2 they describe a group called the patriots which control the US and they can change anything they wish, in mgs2 the patriots decide to create an AI called GW which controls the digital flow of information across the web, and if it finds anything that may cause problems for them it deletes it, sort of what the illuminati are/do, exept they dont have as much power as The Patriots. Basiclly this group does exist they meet in Area 51 every mounth to discusse their plans, but over 50000 people come there so ts almost immposible to tell who they are.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

They do not exist they are a fictional cult in a fictional book. Why would you think they are real? And they dont try to kill the pope. In the book the pope dies of natural causes and they kill the preferetii the bishops up for the position of becoming pope actually. I read the book on a plane.

Showing 1-7 of 7