ForumsProgramming ForumHelp for storyline-> New game.

8 3572
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Now I plan on making a Clear Vision / Tactical Assassin type game. But honestly I think those two could be way better, longer missions and less tedious. But one thing I want is a good story. Something new and won't just seem like man meets gun, random agents contact him. I am thinking his entire life. I already have rough plans. Childhood, tutorial levels starting with iron sight rifle at a young age stuff like that, yata yata but I want a decently long game with good story. Now I could do this alone but I feel that have some other opinion on this would be nice. Is there anyone who wants to do this with me? Not just suggestions. Always like suggestions but I want a full time person to help me create complete story and dialogue and such, what to do for cutscenes and stuff! Need someone serious though please. Someone with good ideas and not a mind of a 14 year old(everyone dies, alone in world. plot makes no sense?) Need someone who had a good brain to do this with me. If anyone is interested drop me an email, PM me or just post here.

• 8 Replies
MafiaSlayer
MafiaSlayer
159 posts
Nomad

also, my ideas might be a little typical but they are just outlines and brainstorming. But the more we talk about it ideas WILL flow.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

You could have that when he was a kid, his dad teaching how to hunt with a small hunting rifle and then having it so that the player has to shoot animals and such...that have a couple more hunting missions, then have him join the army at age 18 as a special ops sniper, then have him get kicked out of the army (I haven't really thought of how yet) and then because he got kicked out, he becomes angry and he becomes a hitman (just an idea, maybe for terrorists? or not?)

yeah those are just a couple of my brainstorms

Njaard
Njaard
132 posts
Nomad

Too bad I'm a fourteen year old kid... I can't possibly come up with a good storyline.

gman1000
gman1000
978 posts
Nomad

Okay, here we go.

At 8 years old the boy is sleeping at his house. tHe time is 9:54. He sundenly hear's fighting, and yelling. He gets out of bed to see what is making all of the noise. He sees his dad in an arguement with a man (stocky build, tall). The man starts to shoot at his dad. His dad ends up "defeating" the man. The boy sees the whole thing. His dad then tells him that he is a assassin. The boy doesn't know what that is, but he knows he wants to be one after how his dad protected himself. His dad starts to train him. Soon the boys mind isn't what it used to be. It is polluted. All he knows is the way of the Sniper Assassin.
To be continued...

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

(Medevil times) A Prince hears screaming, pleads, and bells ringing. He awakes franticly to see his Father ,the King Dead by the window.He looks outside the window to see his town besieged by a breed of monsterouse orcs known as the Brood. Many of the towns people fought to the death to protect the prince. Many fell to the rusted spears and swords of the brood.Some troops survived and fled to the undergrounds . the entrance was Hidden. the Prince also fled into the undergrounds with what was left of his villagers. Men and woman were trained to become warriors. 35 Soldiers, 45 archers, 25 Calvery. They lead a rebellion against the Brood. Once the Brood in his Village were defeated ,He rose up an army.

Now a 20 year old man , torn from the loss of his family and friends. begins journey to glory and Victory. His losses drive his fury to defeat the brood. This is a tale of remorse, Fury, bloodlust, and the will to dominate all enemies. This is the Tale of: Brutus the Total warrior

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

ummm Xcalibur, not that your storyline isn't good, but klaushouse was going for a Clear Vision/ Tactical Assasin kind of game, if you've never played them: they are modern time sniping games, so definitely not medieval times, unless it was another planet and like medieval sniper crossbows lol =)

Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

I like tactical assasin and sniper games ,but for some reason I just like Medevil type wars. But klaushouse"s idea was also good. I just wanted to get noticed for once in my life

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm I'm not as much of a plot writer as an idea maker.My sisters the one who writes plots.The only problem is that assasin games get old after awhile.A majority of them have a plot, but I doubt people really pay attention to the plots of modern day stlye games as much as ones based off midevil times, or fantasy style worlds.Its interesting to see you want to make a game about assasins, but try to do something else besides a long game with an interesting plot, and work on some other innovative ideas that have not been brought into play with other games in the genre.That is what would seperate your game from the pact and in turn make it more popular in my oppinion.

Showing 1-8 of 8