Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

George Zimmermann Found Not Guilty

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 11:43am

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,371 posts

I feel that these institutions that were once needed for progress have become the very hate mongering institutions they set out to destroy. Do they still do some good? Yes! Do they start a lot of the flames of current day unnecessary hate and rage? Yes! The N double the hate C P goes a little crazy all too often, and that's all I have to say about that

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 12:13pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

I feel that these institutions that were once needed for progress have become the very hate mongering institutions they set out to destroy.

Yep, it seems they need to perpetuate this BvW mentality in order to stay relevant and to keep the money flowing. It doesn't sound as good to say 'a half-Peruvian shot a 17-year-old pot-smoking African American who was serving his 3rd suspension from school' when they can rake in donations from 'White man guns down black youth'.

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 12:45pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Just sayin, I think that people aren't surprised when it's a black guy that commits the crime...

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 4:14pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,274 posts

Just sayin, I think that people aren't surprised when it's a black guy that commits the crime...

A. what crime?
B. sure, all white boys are angels...

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 5:01pm

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,371 posts

The thought behind his statement has nothing to do with all of anyone. It's an observation based on either facts or personal experience saying that for being a minority African American males seem to be responsible for a disproportionately large number of crimes compared to other ethnicities. Even the black individuals speaking out against the N double the hate C P cite things like ~500'ish black on black murders last year in Chicago alone. African Americans also comprise a disproportionately large part of the lower income housing developments/bracket.

I've recently watched this documentary style video about a teacher who performed a racism experiment on her all white kids. She manipulated them into believing blue eyed people were better than the brown eyed and then she flipped it the next day. Bullying and other negative things were soon where they had once been absent. But the one observation that caught my interest was that the performance level of the "lesser" children immediately started to diminish. When asked why they replied "I have blue eyes... I'm stupid." What I took from this is that the moment an individual perceives that someone else (individual or group) perceives them as different they may start acting, subconsciously or otherwise, to make it happen... Or to at least form a mental barrier of self identity that sets themselves apart from the other group. Maybe I'm wrong, but it does seem to explain self perpetuating differences observable amongst different parties involved.

With the huge identity rifts that are based solely off of color (I call it social epigenetics) and the fact that all colors, ethnicities, etc are not represented equally amongst the income brackets that we MUST be equal in everything statistical. There are wrongful decisions made in courts and statistics don't always show what they rightfully should... But saying things shouldn't be appreciably different is crazy. An ideal world isn't always (actually, it's not most of the time) a real world. Saying that social (or other such styles of ) epigenetics can't and don't promote inherent differences in those who acknowledge such rifts is grossly irresponsible to the plight of truly fixing the problems at hand.

I feel that there are things that need to be changed on both sides, but there will forever be a rift as long as the NAACP isn't the NAAAP, National Association for the Advancement of ALL PEOPLE.

All that rambling aside, I don't think Declan's comment was merited. It comes across more so as a childish ignorant stab at a kid he never met or knew.

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 5:59pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

A. what crime?

I wasn't talking about this whole incident. Neither Martin nor Zimmerman are
white, and the only crime here was that Martin wasn't raised to mind your own business and keep to yourself when it comes to strangers.

B. sure, all white boys are angels...

No, alot of white people are sinful, immoral, and sometimes criminal, but blacks do have the highest crime rate. Then Hispanic. Black's are actually above 50% in most crimes.

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 6:11pm

wflag10

wflag10

1,315 posts

I wasn't talking about this whole incident. Neither Martin nor Zimmerman are
white, and the only crime here was that Martin wasn't raised to mind your own business and keep to yourself when it comes to strangers.

You mean Zimmerman right? Through I would be a little suspicious if I saw a guy walking down a street with a hood on at night when break in's happen a lot in the same neighborhood.

No, alot of white people are sinful, immoral, and sometimes criminal, but blacks do have the highest crime rate. Then Hispanic. Black's are actually above 50% in most crimes.

Link to evidence please?

Posted Jul 17, '13 at 11:58pm

SectoidMedic

SectoidMedic

192 posts

In my opinion, the crime was not racial, it was the fact that George Zimmerman had acted like an idiot.

Posted Jul 18, '13 at 2:31am

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Does anyone know where I can get actual facts on the case? It's hard to find information without a load of bias.

Posted Jul 18, '13 at 3:06am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,804 posts

Knight

Does anyone know where I can get actual facts on the case? It's hard to find information without a load of bias.

How about the documented video of the trial?
George Zimmerman Trial - Day 1 - Part 1 (Opening Statements)

Reply to George Zimmermann Found Not Guilty

You must be logged in to post a reply!