ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Game Zoom

6 3303
dmoore16
dmoore16
1 posts
Shepherd

In whatever game I play, the screen is zoomed in much to far to see the whole game. Like I can only see little more than half of what I should be seeing. I think I did this accidentally with my laptop scroll bar or with some type of key stroke. Has anybody else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

• 6 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

You can try to reset your browser's zoom by hitting Ctrl + 0

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

For me, I can fix that by hitting Ctrl and +/- keys, alternatively Ctrl and scrolling the middle mouse button.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Alternatively (and for those having trouble remembering keystrokes. I know I do )*, your bowser probably comes with a button to adjust zoom.

In Firefox, it 's under >View; same in Internet Explorer, I think.

To those running into this not having accidentally adjusted anything (game partially falls outside your various toolbars and whatnot), try to set your browser to full screen Usually under (keyboard stroke) F11, I think, or again under (browser button) >View or similar.

* A web search on "key combinations" or "keyboard shortcuts" or so may also help in similar cases. It's amazing what all you can do never touching a mouse, said to be good to prevent RSI, too. If you find a good list, there's no harm in bookmarking it. For Windows, see e.g. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449 . But that looks fairly limited still, indeed, there's a lot more you can do just using your keyboard.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

A suggestion to Ferret/admins btw, I think it's Free World Group or some such site that provides a slide button with games to adjust size. Very handy, indeed, if for instance you don't wanna muck about with full screen, or perhaps and I think some ancient monitors just can't accommodate some modern games. (Notably the old square'ish monitors vs. modern games designed solely for widescreen, I think.)

No idea how easily implemented, but, just another friendly suggestion

AlphaAccess
AlphaAccess
1 posts
Blacksmith

Oh thank you so much for this. You may have just saved my sanity. All of you deserve a cookie.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard
Showing 1-6 of 6