ForumsWEPRDept

10 2858
Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Do you think that people in dept should have to pay for things normally or the same but they would just have to suffer.

• 10 Replies
arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I dont understand what your asking.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Please elaborate. I am not even sure what you mean by 'Dept'

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I think he meant debt, as in people not able to pay off money they owe

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Oh, yes sorry about the typo. I mean Debt. If people how are in Debt, should they have to pay less then an average person. Or should they just have to pay normally and feel bad about getting in debt.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

Ok i understand now. Well it depends. If they got in debt by drugs and alcohol i think they should learn there lesson and suffer. If it is not there fault like the movie The Pursuit of Happinesses, then they should get some financial aid and discount.

Cortexal
Cortexal
80 posts
Nomad

Okay but what does a movie have to do with real life.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

I meant the person Will Smith portrays. For example if a womens husband leaves her, she has to do household work, clean, cook and work.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

There really shouldn't be any moral implications involved with debt, or the ramifications thereof. If a person is in serious debt, that is reflected in their credit rating, just as it would be if they declared bankruptcy. There are certain things (such as child support or alimony) that cannot be discharged in a bankruptcy hearing, but the debtor still has to essentially rebuild their life regardless of what happens.
These are all legal or economic issues and as such are amoral, meaning morality does not apply to them. Even if a person falls tens of thousands of dollars in debt, they can go through a legal process to alleviate that burden. So whether or not a person "should" pay off their debts is not an applicable question here - at least in my opinion.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

I saw an awesome SN ski once, an advertisement for the greatest way to make yourself financially secure, "Don't Buy Things You Can't Afford." If you can't follow that simple rule it's not my problem.

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

Sorry for the double post.

Correction ** SNL (Saturday Night Live) skit**

Showing 1-10 of 10