ForumsProgramming ForumHow do i get started??

12 6431
triplea66
triplea66
4 posts
Nomad

I have never done anything related to flash animation or anything and i was wondering where i could go to learn the basics and start making some games of my own. I have good computer skills i just dont know how to start.

• 12 Replies
LonLonRanch
LonLonRanch
172 posts
Nomad

First of all you need to get a copy of flash, you can get a 30 trial at the Adobe site I beleive.

Then I recommend looking for tutorials on the web to learn the basics, some good sites are:

actionscript.org
Kirupa.com
Flashkit.com

triplea66
triplea66
4 posts
Nomad

OK Thankyou very much. Hopefully i can get started soon.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

I really have trouble with ationscript. I found all these sites helpful. I still don't have flash (my school does) and I think that is slowing me down. I will submit my first game with a few new features, thanks to these sites listed above.

PBMCube
PBMCube
29 posts
Nomad

Everyone needs to take the first step on the road of gaming creation. It might help if you study and learn from a little easier sites. See what is required in a game and then jump into flash development.

porchmonkey
porchmonkey
1 posts
Nomad

hey thx heaps for all this help im really interested in all this and now u have really got me into it
Thx Laterz!!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

You can learn a lot here .

nqkoi1
nqkoi1
382 posts
Nomad

PBMCube those game creators...aren`t really game creators.

SniperDude
SniperDude
4 posts
Nomad

neither do i but i do have great computer skillz so im wondering like what program to use or how to make some of the actions...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I'm not really interested in game making but how many points do you get for submitting a game??

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

20 armor points per game submitted.

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

Flash is a professional tool, it costs money.

Aaluvian
Aaluvian
4 posts
Nomad

Yeah scripting isnt that hard to learn its mastering it is what the trick is

Showing 1-12 of 12