ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Armor Games loading slower of late

62 14646
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

At first I thought it was just me, but a fellow user (who may choose to reveal himself/herself or not) has also been having the same issues. Of late, when traveling around the forums, the loading time for each section/thread/page/etc. has been slower than normal.

Any reason why? Expected time for this to continue?

• 62 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

That's not the only problem. Often, an old message reappears on my page and newer ones disappear.

PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts
Blacksmith

macll yeah i need a new one bad. still running pentium 4. im all for donations

PJBomega
PJBomega
44 posts
Blacksmith

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I can't even load my profile because it's been so danged slow. My Internet speed is only .2 Mbps/sec. That's .2 folks.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

This seems to be working fine for me, is anybody still having issues?

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

It's always hard to tell, isn't it. I don't usually like to report every time there's a hitch.

Seems currently steady. I'm pretty sure though I've still noticed the usual lags and stalls since my last report. Minus that welcome maintenance notification, too.

I guess it'll be easier to say anything sensible on in say a week or so, if like you seem to indicate something substantial has been fixed.

And PJ,

Hmm, Pentium 4, eh. I guess that should still be capable of something. Any other specs? Your connection speed? That standard 512 Mb RAM of yore really won't see you very far these days, if that's what you have. Find a friendly second-hand seller to tell you whether it's worth boosting it some, or rather getting yourself a slightly newer old box while you're at it.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

... Well, so sure enough, just posting the above the whole site is back to giving blank pages.

Obviously fixed again for now. But hard to make any sensible comment on it, indeed.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Works fine for me on Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Glad to hear it. We've been doing database updates and whatnot, so some wonkiness is expected. Thanks for letting us know when there are issues though.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Can't reach main forum page in Chrome or IE. Got here from history link. Everything else on the site seems fine.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Everything's crazy slow and the "Last posted" links aren't working on the main page.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Main forum pages don't load at all, and everytime I make a post chrome gives me a wierd error, even though it still goes through.

I even tried on the much superior firefox, and the problem persisted.

~~~Darth Caedus

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The Forum Games subforum is broken. The "last posted" links are gone and links lead to 404 error pages.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, it seems so! I've let Boppins know, he says it's a caching issue that should resolve.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The Flash Games subforum has been hit too. Just FYI.

Showing 31-45 of 62