ForumsWEPRIslam

67 27903
lukmanismail
lukmanismail
3 posts
Nomad

Islam to me is the true religion. I was born as a Muslim and I now live as Muslims. I believe that Allah, our God is true and His Messenger, Muhammad ( peace be upon him) is Allah's Massenger. Why I said this?[ http://www.dar-us-salam.com/TheNobleQuran/ ] this link is an example of the holy Quran, translated. I know Islam is true and the reason I made this forum is to discuss it, not because I order you to become a Muslim, but to just tell what we do. It is up to you if you want to read this or not, to believe this or not. If you have any problems or questions about the thread feel free to ask me. If you do not want this thread, ask the moderator to lock this thread. Thank you for reading.

Wallahua'lam

• 67 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

As much as i like the islamic culture (no synicism), Islam is quite based on the prophet bringing rules which by miracle come "just in time" for his actions. He need to break a threaty? Suddenly there is a rule which say that a muslim can break a vow to a non-islamic person if will. He want to convert the jews? Jerusalem is suddenly holy. Didnt worked? Mecca in, Jerusalem out. And its like this many times.

Not much different from, say, the Abrahamic religions and traditions, is it? Or indeed from any religion or belief system, for that matter. (Of course Judaism, Christianity and Islam are the three major and extant branches of essentially the same Semitic strain, anyway.)
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Not true. Judaism rules are very simple. Do this, dont do this. And all of them are about the man life style and religion life. Meanwhile the islamic religion os focused on Muhammad trying to conquer the arabic pinensula. In Islam its more like "we won here because..." "we can betray because..." "this is totaly my plan because...". There are rules in the jewish style too, but also many Approvals and excuses to the prophet acts.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Not true. Judaism rules are very simple. Do this, dont do this.

Nonetheless, the Old Testament, again like any such book, is rife with contradictory injunctions and practices. It's not like these "rules" were ever unchanging, or unequivocal.

Islam did arise within its own set of circumstances, of course, which will be reflected in the context of its presentation. (Notably, Muhammad's struggle to overcome and unify various warring tribes and factions.) As, indeed, the context of various sections of the Biblical books clearly reflects the circumstances of their respective origins.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I agree on that, and preety sure myself that some of the rules in the bible are writen there after powergull peoples put it there to use, but yet these are hidden. The quran, on the other end, Contradictory itself over and over. Some points the jews are allies, at some enemies. In some Medina is the holiest city, in some its Mecca, and so on.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

In Islam, there are two types of Jins, muslims and non muslims.Who are made of fire.
Satan himself is a jin.
He and his minions are the ones who tempt a human to do bad things.
They can only tempt, nothing else, acting on those temptations is up to human beings.
Then there are angels, servants of god made of light, with no free will.
Humans come next, made of dirt with fre will just like jins.
Catching jins is allowed in Islam in a certain way. Many people do it.
In most cases, doing what is best for majority is prefferable even though if that action is not allowed individually.
To Danilo:-
We conquered makkah Because people of makkah attacked our allies, so we were bound by treaty.
We kicked jews out of madina for their role in ghazwa al khandak
(the were being backstabbers).
We Conquered Khyber because in no way we would want an enemy so close to our selves.The enemy who has once shown its treacherous nature.
Do you think we should a let them be so when romans comes for us, they get help from them?
We conquered Al quds because it was roman territory and we were at war with rome.
The same rome which was sending a column against us a few years ago.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

In some Medina is the holiest city, in some its Mecca, and so on.

Makkah is the holiest city, then come madina and then al quds.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

so... if he does that to save many others its still considered a sin and he goes to hell?

I think that would be similar to loving, self-sacrificing Christians who kill their children so God saves them and gives them eternal joy in exchange for their single eternal expense.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

We conquered makkah Because people of makkah attacked our allies, so we were bound by treaty.
We kicked jews out of madina for their role in ghazwa al khandak
(the were being backstabbers).
We Conquered Khyber because in no way we would want an enemy so close to our selves.The enemy who has once shown its treacherous nature.
Do you think we should a let them be so when romans comes for us, they get help from them?
We conquered Al quds because it was roman territory and we were at war with rome.
The same rome which was sending a column against us a few years ago.

How very peaceful of you to go about conquering this and that. Though if I remember correctly peace and submission are synonymous. Of course that would mean submission to Islam and it's beliefs, namely Allah.

I think that would be similar to loving, self-sacrificing Christians who kill their children so God saves them and gives them eternal joy in exchange for their single eternal expense.

I was thinking of the same comparison.
toemas
toemas
339 posts
Farmer

Anyway, befor 1900 the Islamic world was the most tolerant at the world, when everyone (exept the pagans maybe) could live in harmony and be in almost every ranks (During the siege of Napoleon on Acre, the commander of Acre defences was jewish).

what about the crusades?

@lukmanismail
tell me more about imams i have read that they are the major tool for spreading terrorism around but i have never asked a muslim before.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

[quote=toemas]what about the crusades?[/quote]

You mean those famous Christian campaigns of blood & mayhem on the pretext of having to liberate Jerusalem?

tell me more about imams i have read that they are the major tool for spreading terrorism around but i have never asked a muslim before.

Technically, an imam is no more than one who leads others in prayer; and hence, one who offers spiritual guidance to the congregation, and is accepted by them in that position. Failing such acceptance, they would not and cannot be imams. Unlike in Christianity, it is not technically a formal position; it is not a vocation and requires no formal training. Of course in practice it may take on more formalized forms. (Much in the same way, technically Islam has no church, as such. No central religious body or anything. That of course doesn't prevent people from investing given individuals or bodies with such authority.)

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=imam :

imam (n.)
1610s, from Arabic, literally "leader; one who precedes," from amma "to go before, precede."
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

How very peaceful of you to go about conquering this and that. Though if I remember correctly peace and submission are synonymous. Of course that would mean submission to Islam and it's beliefs, namely Allah.

Where did I talk about peace?
I just gave the logical reasons that is all.

Killing your childfren for such a thing is prohibited
what about the crusades?

Talk about lion heart and his massacres.

I don't know which Imams are you talkiing about.
THe ones f Shia Faith which are twelve in number and are considered some what like pope or Imams of Masajid, who say prayers etc.
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

I was talking about the rules of the Quran making Muhamad conquests 'divined'. I mean, every move he do a new rule is intreduced wher is actipn just acomplish. When he try to negotiate with the jews, they are allies to Islam, but when they declined then suddenly they are not so. When he make a threaty its ok, when he break it its ok . When he get jerusalem poof! Iys a holy city, not mentioned befor, but suddenly a holy place.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

When he try to negotiate with the jews, they are allies to Islam, but when they declined then suddenly they are not so.

They were allies until they went back stabbin in Battle of Al- Ahzab
When he make a threaty its ok, when he break it its ok .

It was a preemptive strike.
When he get jerusalem poof! Iys a holy city, not mentioned befor, but suddenly a holy place.

for your information.
In the beginning muslims said their ptayers facing al quds
and later facing Kaabbah
"Many a time We have seen you turn your face towards heaven. We will make you turn towards a 'qiblah' that will please you. (Surah al-Baqarah, 2:144)"
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Just to make it clear again, i dont say anything on the Prophet moves, he was a great general and politician. I just say he ised the Quran to justify his acts.

mbbs112
mbbs112
198 posts
Peasant

Are you guys Dumb? Summoning Dijinn is called black magic ya know demons so no and Btw there are many true stories about Dijinn told to me by my mother or friends. The good Dijinn that you were talking about in fact worship Allah and live their lives as us and even read the Quran but I have read in a Islamic story of the Prophet's book that some prophet's such as Hazrat Sulayman was also the son of Hazrat Daud and that some Dijinn's were under his service and built magnificent palaces and mosque's for him but there is other proof of Dijinn. My Auntie told me that once there was a mosque and Lot's of children came to read the Quran and that there was this unusually long boy with a normal face who never ate anything at the mosque when one day the Imam found out that he was a Dijinn but didn't tell him to go away

Showing 16-30 of 67