ForumsNews and Feedback[Answered] Security breech...

6 4361
QueenR
QueenR
3 posts
Nomad

Last week you asked us to change our password due to a security breech in armor games...
I changed the pass in my work computer, but when I used my home pc (where I had the old pass stored) I logged in normally without being asked the new pass...

This means that if somebody had stolen my pass, if he stored it in his browser before I change it, than even if I did he could still have access to my account!!!

Could you fix that plz?

• 6 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

How could that even happen... Wow.

I'll alert an Administrator about this and see if they can get that fixed ASAP.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, it seems rare cases can cause this to happen. I've poked a web developer to take a look at this.

QueenR
QueenR
3 posts
Nomad

thank you

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We are putting a fix in place soon that will remove this possibility from happening now and in the future. Thanks for letting us know QueenR.

QueenR
QueenR
3 posts
Nomad

it seems that cases are not as "rare" as we would like to believe... that is the issue in general...
a change in password won't affect the stored in other computers and access won't be denied to ppl who entered the account

spum999
spum999
2 posts
Nomad

Well, security here really sucks (sorry for using the word, but it's the mildest thing i could find). Just looked into the matter
1st. I was able to change my password AND email and didn't get a single mail notification.
Fortunately i would not have lost the account if someone else did so, if i would have been logged in somewhere, because:
2nd. Used password recovery and changed password through mobile and was still able to use the account on a PC (which has no idea about a new password).
IMHO, both issues are not allowed to be!
Are you guys even serious about asking to pay for the games when you have such security leaks?

Showing 1-6 of 6