ForumsThe TaverniOS Data Swap

4 2624
dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

Hey I was just wondering, is it possible to transfer game data from one iOS device to antother? (ex: iPad2 --> iphone5) I have found several "ways" to supposedly transfer data, but I'm not sure if they will work or not.
Can someone give a solid, helpful answer? Thanks!

• 4 Replies
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Couldn't you just use your GameCenter account or sync it to iCloud???

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

What kind of data are we talking? If it's just pictures and stuff, you should be able to swap it.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Some games store their data in iCloud. Others do it locally. If you want to restore all your data then just make a backup of your old device onto your computer, plug in your new device, then choose "Restore from Backup" in iTunes, and choose the backup you just made. If you want to just transfer certain game data then you have to hope that data is stored in the cloud. You can check if it is by going to settings -> iCloud -> Documents & Data. If the game is listed there then its data is safely in iCloud. Just install the game on the new device and make sure iCloud and Documents & Data syncing is on and you'll be good to go.

dragonhunter422
dragonhunter422
130 posts
Nomad

Couldn't you just use your GameCenter account or sync it to iCloud???

If you want to restore all your data then just make a backup of your old device onto your computer, plug in your new device, then choose "Restore from Backup" in iTunes,...

Thanks For all your help! Exactly what I was looking for
Showing 1-4 of 4