ForumsThe TavernCollege Football - 2014 Season

64 17536
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The Coach's Poll is out, which means its the best time of the year... Fall! And with fall comes... College Football!

*thunderous applause*

We're just four weeks away from the opening kick off, and training is in full swing. This year marks the first that post season playoffs will determine a national champion, and the first that the American Athletic Conference (AAC) will show up on the grid iron.

So post your thoughts on how Clemson is going all the way this season. You can talk about the other 119 teams too, if you must.

• 64 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Clemson eh? I've never had anything against them, and I always thought they would have made a perfect fit in the SEC. I mean come on, Mizzouri...really? Dabo is a cool coach too, and he was also a Bama alum. I think Clemson should compete for the ACC. I don't know if they play FSU, but that is the only team that should arguably be favored over them. Clemson has an amazing offense, and they should be able to score pretty easily in the ACC. Unfortunately, they always find ways to lose games they shouldn't.

My team is the Crimson Tide (bring on the hate). They should win it all again this year, but I have a bad feeling someone important is going to get injured. If AJ gets hurt, I'm not really sure what will happen. Makes me scared to think about it.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

My team is the Crimson Tide (bring on the hate)

Band Wagon or do you have a legit reason to be a Bama fan??? Of course if you're a band wagoner you think being alive is a good reason

I root for the UTAH UTES I know we are a bottom of the PAC 12 team, but honestly we are a good team. Beating the Team Down South and making a bowl is were all about. We lead the all-time series 56-34-4 including 3 straight and 8 of the last 11. Coach Whittingham has had one losing season in his entire career as a CFB HC
We have a chance to go at best 7-5 maybe 8-4 but at worst 3-9 or 5-7
the games we have to win are USU, OSU, BYU, UCLA, and U of A
Schedule
PAC12 Championship game ASU vs. Oregon
National Championship game Oregon vs. Ohio State
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Clemson eh? I've never had anything against them, and I always thought they would have made a perfect fit in the SEC. I mean come on, Mizzouri...really?

If you look at the history, culture, and student body at Clemson, they really do have a strong likeness to SEC teams. The problem is that the ACC put in a 60 million leaving fee, so schools are pretty much stuck in the ACC. Clemson would make it all back after a year in the SEC, just through TV exposure and what not. But we're in the ACC, which means we get to listen to the State's other school's fanboys b*tch about our "weak" scheduel, while they turn a blind eye to the fact that the SEC East champion is whoever doesn't have to play Alabama and LSU. Is Carolina good? Yeah, but they're second tier SEC team, with Georgia and Florida. LSU and Alabama are the SEC's best, period.

Dabo is a cool coach too, and he was also a Bama alum.

He's got class. My ex, whom I'm still friends with, just went to Clemson for a visit, and ran into him while trying to find a parking spot. So they wound up getting a short toor from the man himself. Plus a photo and an autograph. i jelli

And I think he got a ring with Bama. Not sure though. 1986 sticks in my head, for some reason...

I think Clemson should compete for the ACC. I don't know if they play FSU, but that is the only team that should arguably be favored over them. Clemson has an amazing offense, and they should be able to score pretty easily in the ACC. Unfortunately, they always find ways to lose games they shouldn't.

Clemson really has three big games this season: Georgia, FSU (Conference), and our rivals South Carolina.

We could easily win all three, or lose them all. But &quotulling a Clemson" would be if we lost by two TDs to Wake or someone like that. Anyways, Georgia has two returning starters on D, and one of them is suspended for the game. So a young Georgia D vs one of the most explosive offenses in College Football. (I'll note the squad had 100 snaps vs LSU in their bowl game). Then you have Murray at QB for Georgia. He threw for 3 less yards than Tajh Boyd, and each threw for 38 TDs. And Clemson's D could play like they did vs LSU (23 points allowed) or NC State (40+ points allowed. So it'll be a high scoring game, no doubt.

FSU is FSU. Run to pass, good pass rush. Winner of this one will pretty much go to the ACC Championship/Orange Bowl.

SCAR is a must win. 4 losses in a row to our rival. Streaka needs to be broken. 'nuff said.

National Championship game Oregon vs. Ohio State

My thoughts on the playoffs:

#1 Ohio State over #4 Clemson/Stanford/SCAR
#3 Alabama over #2 Stanford/Texas A&M

Alabama beats Obio State to become National Champions.

SEC Championship: Alabama over SCAR
ACC Championship: Clemson over Georgia Tech/Miami
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Band Wagon or do you have a legit reason to be a Bama fan??? Of course if you're a band wagoner you think being alive is a good reason

Born and raised a Bama fan.

And I think he got a ring with Bama. Not sure though. 1986 sticks in my head, for some reason...

It wouldn't be a NC ring. Bama had none of those in the 80's.

I forgot Clemson played Georgia. Clemson should score on them, but Georgia shouldn't have any trouble putting up points either. Murray is an awesome QB, but Clemson should really worry about Georgia's RB tandem. Georgia's RB Todd Gurley is a beast. If he gets going, Georgia will control the game.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

It wouldn't be a NC ring. Bama had none of those in the 80's.

I was half right: 1992 National Championship.

Clemson has a pretty solid run defense, defensive backs not so much. Though anything could happen. I think it'll be a rather high scoring game.
CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

Born and raised a Bama fan

Alright I respect that

Preseason practices are starting!!!
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

And Clemson's is closed to the public! D:

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
891 posts
Nomad

And Clemson's is closed to the public! D:

Thats too bad. I don't think Utah's is, but I live in AZ so it doesn't make a difference to me.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Dabo also has banned the players from social media during the season, in order to keep them focused on the game. Sucks, but the potential pay offbis worth it.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Blergh, edit button.

Just wanted to add that I just got NCAA 14, so I could super-sim any match ups you guys were interested in.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

ESPN has announced that Collge Gameday will be in Clemson for the Georgia-Clemson game for Week One. It will also be the first time the show has a four hour run time.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Just one week till kickoff. Any games you guys are excited to see this season?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Well I might go to a Purdue game. That is it.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

[Url=http://www.hammerandrails.com/2013/8/20/4641024/you-oughta-be-proud-no-purdue-were-not]Lol, don't suppose you'd consider transfering to IU?[/url] I'd give a video, but Purdue has taken legal action to prevent Youtube from hosting the video.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I know. There are dumb people at every college. Purdue is better for CS. If IU had been better I would have gone there.

Showing 1-15 of 64