ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 241608
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
Omegap12
Omegap12
1,980 posts
Shepherd

I just finished Catching Fire.

I liked it, surprisingly. Usually i hate books made into movies, but they did a good job with this one.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

The latest movie I watched was Fury. It was good movie that showed the horrors of world war II. Good that they didn't point fingers at Germany, but at the Nazi's instead.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

William Friedkin's uber-cool 1971 thriller The French Connection. Gene Hackman stars as Popeye Doyle, who has suddenly come face to face with $32 million of heroin and a large number of men with guns. Over the course of the film, it becomes clear that Doyle only poses slightly less of a threat to the people of New York than the smugglers. An excellently shot, thoroughly gripping thriller, which includes one of the best car chase scenes ever.

http://www.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/frenchconnection1.jpg

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Argento's Dracula. I haven't seen a movie from him in a long time.
It was really cheesy like they all are and he pretty much twisted the story.
He did improve on the music though. Unlike most of his movies, the music wasn't overwhelming and at the wrong time.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Morgana
I liked it and the lead actress Siouzana Melikian is CUTE! OMG, I have a new crush!

Fourth09
Fourth09
52 posts
Farmer

I watched two movies over the weekend.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower: I thought the movie was good but I usually enjoy coming of age movies because I feel like I can relate to them.
I'm a little disappointed at some of the things that were left out of the movie from the book - that wouldn't have been that hard to put in. (Mostly Sam being unconventionally beautiful and Charlie's love/hate relationship with his sister)
The casting was ok. It wasn't what I had expected from the book but it could have been worse.
Anyhow; it's basically Charlie's story of his first year in high school and what he experiences throughout the year.
He has several flashbacks of his childhood and begins to piece things back together.
It's good but the ending is a bit um, yeah.
Good movie though.

The second movie that I watched was;
Oculus: This was okay. It's basically about a mirror that possesses supernatural powers. There have been reports of everyone owning this mirror to have peculiar or unexplainable deaths.
The movie is focused on one family and transitions between them having the mirror 11 years previous and in the present.
11 years ago, when the family received the mirror - the mother started to have a mental breakdown. The father ended up shooting the mirror and the son (Tim) shot his father.
Tim got put in a psychiatric unit until he was 21.
The present is when Tim gets released from the psychiatric unit.
The daughter (Kaylie) and Tim trying to figure out the truth about their father's / mother's death - and proving that it wasn't their own free will to do what they were doing.
Kaylie buys the mirror in an auction and sets up the old house with cameras to document what happens in the mirror.
It's an okay movie - watch it if you like this kind of movie but I wouldn't really recommend it. I didn't think it captured my attention as well as other movies of the same genre.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I really missed the good old Bond-movies... Connery, Moore, Lazenby... that was Bond for me.

I actually think, unlike most people, that George Lazenby was the best James Bond. He was tall, looked mean and he did a good job playing a cold-hearted character during his mission.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Equilibrium, I liked it a lot.

XanderLOINS
XanderLOINS
7 posts
Shepherd

Furious 7

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I re-watched Spirited Away. Yep, still the best film ever made.
http://www.neontommy.com/sites/default/files/spirited-away-1_0.jpg?1384551776

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Kon-Tiki. I read the book a few years ago and I saw the documentary.
The movie was okay, not great and not bad. I hate that they omitted the flying fish part. In the book, Thor mentions many flying fish jumping on and over the raft, they kept coming and coming. In the movie, they just showed a few fishes laying on the floor.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Trollhunter - actually a lot.better than I expected. Exciting

Babadook - don't bother. Sure, it didn't go for the cheap scares like most horror movies do...but then again it.didn't.go for any scares-or, at least, any decent scares. That ending too lol

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Altar.
It wasn't a bad movie.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

White men can't jump.

a oldy but still a goody. ^^