ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 241441
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Saw Ant Man with my cousins Friday night. It was a pretty good movie, perhaps not the greatest movie but I still thought it was better than Avengers Age of Ultron.

Esquilache
Esquilache
45 posts
Nomad

Fast & Furious 6 - Movie worth watching 9/10

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

A Clockwork Orange...one of the classics I had the misfortune to miss. A masterpiece in every sense of the word! Amazing movie and very powerful, though not for the faint of heart, even now (can't imagine it in 1971 )

Definitely worth watching, if you are in for an intense crime thriller and haven't watched it (rather unlikely), go for it. Worth 110%!

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Also watched Star Wars VII. I have to say it was pretty fun. Won't say any thing else since its better to experience it than to read about one's spoilerish review.

Witigen
Witigen
306 posts
Scribe

Has not watched Star Wars VII yet.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4Tet80LzIdS48Suzy6lXX3WCqn91APjI2_5OySQOExEEnrXzC

But I will! With a friend! On Wednesday! And it is going to be awesome!

TheGalacticGargoyle
TheGalacticGargoyle
566 posts
Peasant

Just watched Interstellar today. Decent movie that needs a full grownup that knows relativity and gravity ghosts and stuff. But yeah other than that, a good emosional movie.

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Star Wars VII. It's Star Wars. 4/5.

Esquilache
Esquilache
45 posts
Nomad

Toy Story 3... Was epic.

TheGalacticGargoyle
TheGalacticGargoyle
566 posts
Peasant

Toy Story 3... Was epic.

That is probably my favourite animation movie after Finding Nemo.

Watched Divergent today. Disapointing tbh. The book was great

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

'71. A nicely taut thriller about a British soldier lost in a Republican area of Belfast during the troubles.

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Pretty good actually. It didn't disappoint at all. Contrary to the rest of the Star Wars fims, acting was actually very good, with every actor performing remarkably. Actors were also well chosen, suiting their respective roles. Directing was another aspect that received a major increase in quality, as it was far better than George Lucas' (at least in the prequels). Finally, special effects are good, but only naturally good given it is 2015.

It wasn't all rainbows and unicorns though. The scenario had major plot-holes, and could use a very much needed revision before going into production. It is the movie's most evident flaw.

That's all I can say without going into spoilers. Definitely worth watching, better than Star Wars Episode II and possibly better than Episodes I and IV as well.

Have fun

Harcokilly
Harcokilly
26 posts
Nomad

Last movie I've seen was Pitch Perfect 2:

We've watched it with my gf and she actually got bored. This means a lot, cause she loves all that kinds of comedy movies.
Pitch Perfect is not about jokes, it's more like family movie about girls singing acapella. There are few funny moments, but it gets interesting only if you are in modern pop and hip-hop music covers.

6 out of 10.

Esquilache
Esquilache
45 posts
Nomad

Fast and furious (First one). Never gets old

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I saw Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens. It was great, that's all I can say really.

zolika14
zolika14
11 posts
Shepherd

I saw Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens. And it is dump.

There's no character-introduction, no exposition, bad pacing, major plotholes, weak acting, weak choice of actors, negligable threat from the First Order whose leaders w/o exception are even blown up in the BORING ThirdDeathStar, no music (crap, that cantina-song is the bottom of all music).
Did I mention Han "Didn't Shoot First" Solo kills an unarmed person who surrendered with a trash-compactor?

http://i.imgur.com/SwhpkPx.png

Showing 466-480 of 587