ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 241619
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
Fiends
Fiends
114 posts
Peasant

Thor 2. wanted my money back... 'nuff said.

Onyx
Onyx
3 posts
Shepherd

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug = win
Very long, but much win

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Anchorman 2. Funny movie, and a big surprise near the end. I didn't expect to see that.

EvilSantos
EvilSantos
15 posts
Peasant

Latest movie, even if its old, saw it with my fiancee, that will be Sweeney Todd.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I recently saw Wall-E. I always wanted to watch it and finally I did. Oh, and M-O is so freaking cute.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Wall-E I never did see yet.

On TV just now: Ratatouille. Remains a little gem of a movie

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

OK, so Thor was on here, I think instalments have been mentioned above.

As they say, if you don't have anything nice to say... 'Nuff said. Cooking up a sambal goreng in the meantime didn't come with too many regrets

Then btw, quite some time ago,

[quote=MacII]Jackson's King Kong[/quote]

I spoke none too favorably of this one (and reseeing it since hasn't improved my opinion of it), and have indeed been wondering why on earth Jackson would have wanted to make this.

Turns out though that, according to Wikipedia at least, it had been a childhood inspiration to and dream of him (and first attempting to recreate it at age 12, apparently!),* so, yes, one can see that, no doubt.

So all may be forgiven. Now just don't do it again

* There's this documentary on Jackson & pals' early work, featuring great footage on how they produced all that with no means nor money whatsoever, it's pretty hilarious, not to mention inspiring. Saw it on a BBC feature night once; I suppose it may be this, Good Taste Made Bad Taste, but can't be sure. I think what I saw touched on its follow-up, Braindead, as well. Both great movies, needless to say

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I watched the recent Hercules flick. It was awful. The lead looked disinterested, the characters were hardly developed, the sets looked very sit-com like and poorly managed, the dialogue was downright poor and cringeworthy, the visual effects themselves were second grade, and the script was positively awful. But hey, they gave the audience what they wanted, with slow-mo action scenes of big men grappling each other.

And it distorted history. I mean, it's fine and dandy since it's Hollywood, but they took it to a new low that beat 300. When Hercules shouted "Testudo formation!" and his hoplites proceeded to do so, I burst out laughing for 5 minutes.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Well I watched the finalé of Breaking Bad recently, so good I don't know what to do with my life now that it's over.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

Sixth sense. It's awesome. It's now my favourite film. I don't think anything could be better.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I rewatched The Heat a few days ago, still hilarious.

I watched the recent Hercules flick. It was awful.

Aren't they coming out with another one this year with The Rock as Hercules?
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Ip Man (1 and 2). Ip Man is one of my favorite film, great fights, emotion and a great story.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Sixth sense. It's awesome. It's now my favourite film. I don't think anything could be better.

I like the soundtrack too, it goes well with the one from Basic Instinct.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Lone Survivor was good. It won't rank at the top of my war movie list, but it probably had the most realistic and visceral firefight that I've ever seen. Brutal. I felt every bullet and piece of flying shrapnel.

Anchorman 2 was ok, but not nearlly as good as the first. I'll give the film makers credit though, they went for it. I mean, they went really far out there. Not Tim and Eric out there, but pretty close.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I was at my little cousin's house and we watched After Earth.

It was terrible, it was really slow and doesn't have much action, and even when it does have action its not very thrilling.

Showing 61-75 of 587