ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240883
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Aren't they coming out with another one this year with The Rock as Hercules?

Yep, I hope it's better, but the Rock isn't known for being a rather good actor, but more a muscle bag...
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Enders Game. Pretty amazing movie. Book was so much better though.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Analyze This with Robert De Niro. Mostly funny but had some sad moments, stop playing with my emotions.

I was at my little cousin's house and we watched After Earth.

It was terrible, it was really slow and doesn't have much action, and even when it does have action its not very thrilling.

I was going to watch that when it came out but it received so many bad reviews I didn't want to waste money. I think the purpose of that movie was just to get Will Smith's son more exposure.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

TV double bill yesterday, Super 8. The usual unrecommendable dorky movie, however that initial train crash is something else. Caught me off-guard, pretty impressive.

... And only upon looking it up now, I was gonna comment how the general Creature + all army hellfire breaking loose (are they all going nuts, or have their weapons been taken over? Never became very clear to me, but then arguably I can be a tad slow) was so Cloverfield -- but I see now that's by the same director. Go figure. + Spielberg as the producer, OK kids, sci-fi... got it

Then Drag Me To Hell, Sam Raimi goes Evil Dead again LOL, there's nothing much to recommend it really, but the funny over-the-top bits sure are funny (and over-the-top) I'm quite sure that general gypsy curse plot has been done before in exactly the same way, but can't put my finger on it now. Terrible movie, if I recall.

Plus, are there no gypsies in the US to vehemently protest these horrible stereotypes? Oh, well...

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Yesterday I saw Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit. The plot was a little predictable but it wasn't to bad over all. Chris Pine is a good actor, but I find it hard to believe that he could recover from two fractured vertebrae in a helicopter crash and return to hand to hand combat with no difficulty whatsoever. Kevin Coster adds a great touch to the film and doesn't try to appear like the most valuable actor in the cast.
I give it 3 of 5 stars.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

I watched Despicable Me 2 yesterday. It's so adorable and fluffy.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

@Macil
I thought Drag Me to Hell was awesome. It's meant to be over the top, it's meant to be tounge in cheek, and it wasn't trying to be something groundbreaking. Even with all that said, Drag Me to Hell was a much more effective horror movie than most movies that try to take it seriously.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I saw Captain Phillips two nights ago, great performance from Tom Hanks.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

The mortal instruments. It was a bit too boring. Not a lot happened. The book is better.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I thought Drag Me to Hell was awesome. It's meant to be over the top, it's meant to be tounge in cheek

Yes, sure. I just thought all the rest of it, say the movie to tie those funny bits together, didn't have all that much going for it.

Or not that much more than, say, Evil Dead 1 & 2, indeed. Maybe that particular novelty has worn off, a near-three decades down the line (but kudos to him for wanting to return to his roots, if that is what he was doing). Or maybe I just wasn't quite in the mood

Anyways: To each their own, and sure I've seen much worse. See also this review btw, c/o W'edia, caution here be spoilers: http://www.ugo.com/movies/drag-me-to-hell-review-should-have-just-been-evil-dead .
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

The Matrix. Also, this computer is not real. Neither is yours.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Montevideo - Vidimo se!
---------------
Watched in 3D...

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I watched a Michael Bay film. 90% of it consisted of explosions.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

I watched ,,The lord of the rings - The return of a king"!!!!
I watched this film 1000000 times!
The lord of the rings is the best trillogy!

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

I was just gonna post this, but Fiends beat me to it: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead.

RIP, indeed. Great actor.

Showing 76-90 of 587