ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240847
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Primer. A low budget directorial premier film based on a book about time travel. Anyone want to guess how good it was?

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Primer. A low budget directorial premier film based on a book about time travel. Anyone want to guess how good it was?

Well, I really like Primer.

Ishtaron
Ishtaron
359 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I really like Primer.

The story itself is very well thought out. Unfortunately, that means that the minutia of these peoples' day to day lives becomes a very important aspect of the story. This leads to long drawn out sections of nearly unintelligible conversations about nothing and a pace too slow for a film to properly maintain momentum. Combined with the, honestly, mediocre acting leaves very little to enjoy in this movie besides the overarching plot.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

saw jurassic world not too long ago, and just saw insidious 3 the other day, still wanting to see poltergeist

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Last movie I saw was Lorenzo's Oil, starring Susan Sarandon and Nick Nolte. Great drama flick, I recommend it to everyone.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

From up on poppy hill.

A group of Yokohama teens look to save their school's clubhouse from the wrecking ball in preparations for the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Hey I remember posting in this thread on the first page woah time flies.

Anyways I saw the new Jurassic movie. Twas okay.

XanderLOINS
XanderLOINS
7 posts
Shepherd

I saw the Jurassic World movie too. Not bad but not as good as the first one

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I watched Ant Man today. It was pretty good actually (although I had no expectations whatsoever).

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I saw Rio 2 two days ago. It was alright. It wasn't bad but it's not going to be anything memorable.

Gogotank
Gogotank
3,165 posts
Lord

I completed Housebound a few days ago. I didn't expect it to have so many twists!

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I watched In the Loop. It's effectively a spin off of the British political comedy series The Thick of It, and follows the efforts of various US and UK politicians and other parties trying to advance their own agendas in the run up to a UN vote on military action in an unspecified middle eastern conflict. Peter Capaldi is in his element as the dynamo of malice, rage, and cunning that is Downing Street spin doctor Malcolm Tucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQrqMkCuHqA

Kanuck_Lavinator
Kanuck_Lavinator
15 posts
Peasant

Jurassic World & Avengers; typical hero saving the day

There was Monster-in-Law the other day on TV - that was fun to see "Jenny from the Block"

09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

I saw Ant-Man. It was good enough. It's the kind of exciting and funny superhero film we've come to expect from Marvel. Worth seeing on the big screen, if you miss it in cinemas, don't bother getting it on DVD, there'll be another one like it round soon enough.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Just watched Minions. If you want to drop a few IQ points, go ahead, this is the movie for you.

Showing 361-375 of 587