ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 240876
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Silent Hill: Revelation 6/10

I thought this film was a lot better compared to the other silent hill movie it actually explained what was going on it was weird but I kind of liked it I would have say it is a 7/10.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Well, I guess Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer just may have topped 10.5 Apocalypse for nevermindness.

On the other hand, re-seeing Moon (2009) was again a pleasure, plus filling in some dots I'd missed doing some this, that and the other inbetween the first time. Few details to explain without spoiling the plot, but let's say Sam Rockwell as a lone lunar miner about to return home after a three-year stint finds himself not quite alone, and of course little indeed turns out what it seems. If that sounds like sci-fi gore you'll be disappointed, it's more of a psychological play.

(And Rockwell sure is one actor. Lawn Dogs, anyone?)

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

... Then on a happy note btw, planning to go see Alex van Warmerdam's Borgman. I don't much go to the cinema anymore, but this Cannes Palme d'Or nominee looks promising, as do trailers I've seen.

The Dutch Van Warmerdam has a terrific hand at the slightly absurdist, perhaps somewhat akin to the work of the Coen brothers, so I'm looking forward to seeing his latest. Anyone seen it before me: Don't tell

MoguMogu1993
MoguMogu1993
26 posts
Nomad

RIPD and all the Bourne Movie - Jason Bourne..hehehehe..from Identity, Ultimatum, Supremacy and Legacy.

K261326
K261326
26 posts
Nomad

The latest movie I watched is "We're The Millers". It's a great movie, a great family was created from different kinds of person, a Drug dealer, Stripper, Runaway and a Virgin. They are not real family but as the movie comes to it's end they realize that they all want to be with each other. There is a lot of lesson in this movie and funny too.

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

If it can be called a movie, then The Wipers Times. I loved it. It's a (true) WW1 story about a squad of British soldiers in Ypres (Tommies tended to pronounce it "wipers&quot who come across a movable-type printing-press. They decide to make a joke newspaper (much like the Onion or the Daily Mash today), and call it the "Wipers Times".
Poignant, hilarious, beautiful. A solid nine.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Alex van Warmerdam's Borgman

Recommended, btw -- if you're into Van Warmerdam that is, maybe

Leaves you to figure out what just happened; tends to drive me to distraction with every other new movie apparently having to cover up they didn't know how to tie a loose end together, but somehow I felt all can be forgiven with Van W. Consequently little to tell without spoiling the plot, so better not. Let's say errant drifter manages to insinuate himself upon slick modern family, and all does not go at all well.
bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

The latest movie I've seen is The Nightmare Before Christmas.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

The latest movie that I have seen was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. Absolutely loved it!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Iron Man 3. Pretty darn awesome. Much better than 2. Worth watching.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

We're the Millers and that stupid Percy Jackson movie. Probably watching Rush and Insidious 2 next week.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Iron Man 3. Pretty darn awesome. Much better than 2.

Hell yeah. Iron Man 3 was awesome. It blewout 2
jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Reign Over Me

A really great movie. It was also nice to see Adam Sandler playing a "serious" character. I highly recommend watching it.

- God Bless

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Pacific Rim, pretty good,and especially awesome if you like giant robots (which I do) and Kaiju (which are pretty cool).

~~~Darth Caedus

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Gravity which is a must see! It was AMAZING

Showing 31-45 of 587