ForumsPopular MediaLatest Movie?

587 241410
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

What was the last movie you watched and what did you think about it?

• 587 Replies
shafaet
shafaet
482 posts
Blacksmith

The last movie I watched wasn't really a movie that's new but it was "Insidious 3", heck that movie is super scary I gotta agree!

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

My last movie: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1973). A good old classic with the appropriate amount of jump scares raw horror elements. I like this movie because it's thoroughly distressing and engaging but not drawn out for too long or excessively gory. 9/10

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Just finished watching Spotlight for the second time. It was the best. I can't imagine that a movie just about the news could be so interesting. But I guess you could say it's more than that.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

So I finally got around to watching Batman vs Superman and I have say it was a complete mess. Whilst the film was decent at best, the plot was somewhat all over the place. Oh and Lois Lane is still mostly useless and is constantly used as a device for Superman to appear.

Anyway, Lex Luther was weird. Crazy weird. No sense of seriousness and when he is serious, it's a little off. Batman however was actually quite good although a certain confrontation which involves Martha felt a little weird. No comment about Superman though.

Of course in terms of effects, it was brilliant although there was the annoying overuse of bright effects with Doomsday. Music was nice but nothing really stood out. Ending was eh. A setup for Justice League which felt a little forced and serves as a bit of a sequel bait.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Just watched Captain America: Civil War. It was just way better than Batman V Superman. Hands down, one of the best, if not the best Marvel movie.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Also just came back from Captain America: Civil War. Can confirm that it's better than Batman vs Superman. Won't say much but I can say that Spiderman was one of the best parts of the movie.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

Boogie Nights, I thought it was great.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

Recently, House Of 1000 Corpses. If you're planning to watch it, keep in mind that it's a Rob Zombie film, which is OK if you don't mind a low budget horror movie rife with recycled horror elements and the normal infusion of sexual deviancy that's so predictable that it borders on mundane. One could call it cheesy, but I would prefer the term quasi-deviant. Why not completely deviant, one might ask? Why? because the "deviancy" in House Of 1000 Corpses far too closely parallels the realm of carnie horror and Beatlegeuse-esque provocitivity (albeit at the R rated level). This in my honest opinion is the film's shortcomings. I would expect that most would give it a rather low rating, probably somewhere around 4/10. So don't mind me when I say that I'm giving it a surprising 6/10. That might tell you something about me. 😂

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Zootopia...I've been meaning to watch this one a long time Just...great! Seriously, Disney definitely surprised me with this one. With all the references to real life, the great jokes (children won't get some of them though. All the better It means everyone will enjoy this) and the animal stereotypes beautifully blended together to create this emotional and exciting film. The story and the masterfully created fictional world depicted in the movie is bound to get to you. This is possibly in the top 3 Disney films of all time (yeah, of course nothing beats Finding Nemo xD).

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Just finished watching X-Men: Apocalypse and I will say it was a decent movie. Although it was spectacular effects wise, some of the characters seen felt like wasted potential. Quicksilver did shine in this movie though although a reveal about him felt a little weird. The humour was sporadic and despite being a little out of place did make me laugh. I also like a certain cameo that a character makes during the movie.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

@UnleashedUponMankind

You thought it was a good movie? I thought it was pretty cheesy

greeble
greeble
17 posts
Nomad

The Wolf of Wall Street

Not a bad movie, but didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would

6/10

TheGalacticGargoyle
TheGalacticGargoyle
566 posts
Peasant

Boyhood. I heard that they filmed the movie on the course of the boy really growing up. It was an effort, but I didn't think the boy was really a good cast.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Watched Boruto The movie.

It's exciting to see Naruto and Sasuke and their generation all grown up.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Just watched The Magnificent Seven. Was interesting cowboy bounty hunter movie. I'd rate it a 8/10. Good movie.

Showing 496-510 of 587