ForumsThe TavernAG Football Competion

354 74451
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok so this is the official forum for the football competion. All of the news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this weekly. We still have 2 spots remaining. If you have a friend that likes football ask them to message me. For those random people who are reading this if you like football or have a random friend who likes football tell them to come to me. Remember this is NFL not College Football.

Rules:

Ok rules are really simple. We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams. Everytime that team wins, you get a point. In the result of a tie both teams will earn a point.

Draft

I will write the names down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. That person will draft last at the end of the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up meaning the last person of the first round will go first and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other person are allowed to make a trade. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. The only rule is each person must have 3 draft picks at the end of the trade whether you're trading picks or not. You must either post on my page or in this forum.

Playoff Points

Next up; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 1 point. Winning the wild card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you two points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 3 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 4 points. Superbowl points are unknown yet. We will take a vote about it later in the season.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question just post here or on my profile. For the people in the competion please comment so I know when I can post more updates. Draft order will be decided after enough people respond. Thanks guys.

• 354 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I'm in. But first a rules question:

each person must have 3 draft picks at the end of the trade whether you're trading picks or not.

Is this supposed to mean that all trading of draft picks must be even?
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Another question:

What about the teams that are not drafted?

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

I'll do my best to get on but I will be moving into college.

As long as you check your profile everyday you will be more then active enough for me. Even every other day is not too good but good enough.

Is this supposed to mean that all trading of draft picks must be even?

Yes for the draft. But after the draft someone can have 4 teams.

What about the teams that are not drafted?

If there are any surplus teams they will just be replacement teams that you can trade for any one team that you have at any time. Well except 12 hours before or during games.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Wait superbob when IS the draft? ;P

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Draft order will be posted before 5:00 on Monday Pacific time

So, how are planning the order of the draft?

Also, will we be able to trade draft picks? (For example, I could trade my 2nd and 3rd picks to another user for a first round pick?)
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Wait superbob when IS the draft? ;P

Draft order will be posted before 5:00 on Monday Pacific time

So, how are planning the order of the draft?

Its a double up. So first round is the regular order. second round is backwards and third round is regular. If there is a fourth round it will be backwards.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Also, will we be able to trade draft picks? (For example, I could trade my 2nd and 3rd picks to another user for a first round pick?)

I'M MAKING A CHANGE!!!

You will now be able to trade picks and have an uneven amount of picks. I just realize that it is the same thing of having uneven amount of teams.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Its a double up. So first round is the regular order. second round is backwards and third round is regular. If there is a fourth round it will be backwards.

Well, I mean more of who is getting the first pick? How is this person chosen? (Not trying to confuse you or anything.)
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Well, I mean more of who is getting the first pick? How is this person chosen? (Not trying to confuse you or anything.)

Oh I will the names of the players in a hat. One at a time the first name I pull out will go last, the second I pull out will go second to last and so on. I will do that on Monday. And I promise it's not rigged.
homerun10303
homerun10303
1 posts
Nomad

can I join

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

can I join

sure your in. Just make sure your active.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok sorry fir the late post something came up, here is the draft order. The draft will begin Friday after 5 p.m. Pacific time. Each person will get 24 hours to make their pick. If the pick is not made in that time they will go at the end of the round. If they can not complete their pick after the additional 24 hours then they will get the teams at the end of the draft. Once your pick is within 3 turns you will be notified on your profile by me. You in that time can post on here; your team you would like to select. If that team is taken then you will have to post a new team. Sometimes it is best to post up to 3 teams the second you are notified just so you won't lose your turn. THE BEST AND SAFEST WAY TO NOT LOSE YOUR DRAFT PICKS IS TO POST A LIST OF THE 32 TEAMS IN ORDER FROM THE TEAM YOU WANT MOST ON THE TOP TO THE TEAM YOU WANT LEAST ON THE BOTTOM. When its your turn I will go to your list , starting from the top I will go down your list. Once I find a team that has not been drafted that will be your team. It is the best, safest, fastest, and smartest way. You can post it anytime during the draft. It will be a long list but it will H-E-L-P HELP! You are allowed to trade draft picks with each other. You can use points to help make the deal more even. There will be there rounds. You must have at least one pick in the draft.

Now for the interesting part. The order I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat.

Pick 8: xeano321
Pick 7: killersup10
Pick 6 :Patrick2011
Pick 5: Calvinkidd137
Pick 4: vinster132
Pick 3: superbobdabest
Pick 2: daleks
Pick 1: xXxDARPO89xXx

The draft will start on Friday at 5:00 PT. In this time you have time to trade your picks. Pick wisely. Any questions just ask.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Looks like I'm in the middle. Not the best, but better than last time. Hopefully, I'll get some decent teams.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Top Teams for Daleks:
1) Seahawks
2) Colts
3) 49ers
4) Broncos
5) Falcons
6) Texans
7) Patriots
8) Cowboys
9) Packers
10) Vikings
11) Steelers
12) Dolphins

OK, that is good for now. I should be able to check Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Classes start on Monday though.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

For me:

1. 49ers
2. Packers
3. Broncos
4. Redskins
5. Patriots
6. Colts
7. Falcons