ForumsThe TavernAG Football Competion

354 74603
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok so this is the official forum for the football competion. All of the news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this weekly. We still have 2 spots remaining. If you have a friend that likes football ask them to message me. For those random people who are reading this if you like football or have a random friend who likes football tell them to come to me. Remember this is NFL not College Football.

Rules:

Ok rules are really simple. We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams. Everytime that team wins, you get a point. In the result of a tie both teams will earn a point.

Draft

I will write the names down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. That person will draft last at the end of the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up meaning the last person of the first round will go first and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other person are allowed to make a trade. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. The only rule is each person must have 3 draft picks at the end of the trade whether you're trading picks or not. You must either post on my page or in this forum.

Playoff Points

Next up; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 1 point. Winning the wild card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you two points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 3 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 4 points. Superbowl points are unknown yet. We will take a vote about it later in the season.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question just post here or on my profile. For the people in the competion please comment so I know when I can post more updates. Draft order will be decided after enough people respond. Thanks guys.

• 354 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Seems that almost everyone is betting on the Broncos right now. Of course that will make the line go down, but as of the last time I checked it was -3 for the Broncos.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Don't look at a few fans and judge all of them. What they did was wrong but it was only a few that did. There are rude and heartless fans that cheer for every team.

Yeah, I know. They also burned a Kaepernick jersey too but I'm not going to complain. There's nothing we can do about that.

Richard Sherman vs Skip Bayless!
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Richard Sherman vs Skip Bayless!

Never said that I totally liked the guy. He is a great player yes but he is full of himself. Maybe that is what makes him a better player in his mind. Lot's of Skip's questions were leading questions but the way Richard attacked Skip is what I didn't like. I am fine with him thinking he is the best but that doesn't give you the right to look down on others and insult them. I do admire how Richard was total honest about what he thought though.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I found a good article from SB Nation written by Brian Floyd on the 20th. Cannot link it because I was using an app to read it but I am sure you could find it with that information. Also I will quote a nice chunk that I like.

Richard Sherman can be an *******. He'll talk and be outspoken. And he'll back it up, too. That's what he does.

But let's not act like some talk is the worst thing in the world. Let's not act like football is a classy game, or that players should always carry themselves with class.

We're talking about a game where grown men are trying to knock each other's blocks off. We're talking about a game where players are risking life and limb, and brain function, every week. And some talk -- either during the game or after -- is the tipping point? Come on.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

SEA! HAWKS! Cool. I won. Good job everyone. Great season and my Seahawks got their first Super Bowl!

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

gj Seahawk gj. Now the question is will Peyton try again? One more season?

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Peyton try again? One more season?

Ya, I give him another 2-3 years.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

This beating has probably motivated him more than ever.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Superbowl Weekend

xXxDARPO89xXx-28 total points
49ers-16 points=12 points+4 points (clinch, Wild Card win, divisional)
Lions-7 points
Titans-5 points

daleks-43 total points
Seahawks-24 points=13 points+11 points (clinch, BYE, divisional, conference, Superbowl)
Colts-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)
Buccaneers-2 points
Redskins-2 points
Cowboys-2 points

superbobdabest-35 total points
Broncos-20 points=13 points+7 points (clinch, BYE, divisional, conference)
Panthers-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, BYE)
Texans-2 points

vinster132-34 total points
Packers-10 points=9 points+1 point (clinch)
Bengals-12 points=11 points+1 point (clinch)
Chiefs-12 points=11 points+1 point (clinch)

CalvinKidd137-31 total points
Cardinals-10 points
Saints-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)
Bears-8 points

Patrick2011-14 total points
Browns-4 points
Rams-7 points
Raiders-3 points

killersup10-29 total points
Eagles-11 points=10 points+1 point (clinch)
Giants-7 points
Chargers-11 points=9 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)

xeano321-28 total points
Patriots-16 points=12 points+4 points (clinch, BYE, divisional)
Cowboys-4 points
Vikings-5 points
Dolphins-3 points

Bronze-20 total points
Falcons-4 points
Ravens-8 points
Jets-8 points

jeol-17 total points (joined Week 5)
Dolphins-5 points
Bills-3 points
Steelers-7 points
Cowboys-2 points

STANDINGS:

1. daleks-43 points
2. superbobdabest-35 points
3. vinster132-34 points
4. Calvinkidd137-31 points
5. killersup10-29 points
6. xeano321 and xXxDARPO89xXx-28 points
8. Bronze-20 points
9. jeol-17 points
10. Patrick2011-14 points

NEWS:

Well thats a wrap! And our winner is (imaginary drumroll) DALEKS! Congratulations dude! It kinda sucks how the final game of season was so boring (unless your a seahawks fan), but it was a good year. So as the season concludes I once again want to thank everyone who signed up and for having a great season with us.

So the 2nd annual AG Football competition is officially over. This competition has been so fun the past two years I really feel like doing a third. Check back with me around late july and I will think about doing one for next year.

I will be semi active during this offseason, but still keep in touch! Feel free to keep commenting here.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Check back with me around late july and I will think about doing one for next year.

I'll be signing up for sure! And thanks again for running it bob, it was fun
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Check back with me around late july and I will think about doing one for next year.

If I'm still around, I probably will, but I usually go away in the summer so I don't know. I should've won but my teams choked in the playoffs.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Congratulations dude!

Only a congrats? No victory dinner? No victory speech? No being carried everywhere on a Seahawk throne that the rest of you carry?
This blows. JK of course. It was great (the competition I mean). Even as a Seahawks fan I can agree that the game was boring after Harbin ran back the kickoff. That is when I knew it was over.

Might do this next year. Really depends on how much time I have and if I am still here.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

*Harvin

Showing 316-328 of 354