ForumsThe TavernAG Football Competion

354 74441
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok so this is the official forum for the football competion. All of the news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this weekly. We still have 2 spots remaining. If you have a friend that likes football ask them to message me. For those random people who are reading this if you like football or have a random friend who likes football tell them to come to me. Remember this is NFL not College Football.

Rules:

Ok rules are really simple. We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams. Everytime that team wins, you get a point. In the result of a tie both teams will earn a point.

Draft

I will write the names down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. That person will draft last at the end of the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up meaning the last person of the first round will go first and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other person are allowed to make a trade. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. The only rule is each person must have 3 draft picks at the end of the trade whether you're trading picks or not. You must either post on my page or in this forum.

Playoff Points

Next up; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 1 point. Winning the wild card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you two points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 3 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 4 points. Superbowl points are unknown yet. We will take a vote about it later in the season.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question just post here or on my profile. For the people in the competion please comment so I know when I can post more updates. Draft order will be decided after enough people respond. Thanks guys.

• 354 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I would say the Lions failed you Dapro

True... I thought they would make it to the playoffs... They had a really good chance and blew it though. Now I just gotta hope Kaepernick and the rest of the 49ers can work the magic again next week again the Seahawks... It's gonna be close though ^^

PS >go broncos
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

0 points- 0 votes
1 point- 1 votes(Patrick2011)
2 points- 1 vote (superbobdabest)
3 points- 4 vote (superbobdabest, daleks, killersup10, xXxDAPRO89xXx)
4 points- 3 votes(Patrick2011, killersup10, xXxDAPRO89xXx)
5 points- 0 votes

Ok this is the amount of points for the superbowl winner. We will revote for the values of 3 and 4 points.

3 points- 1 vote (superbobdabest)
4 points- 0 votes

Each person gets one vote. Voting closes 4:30P.M. ET (1:30P.M. PT) Saturday 11th.

I forgot about this... And apparently so did everyone else. I will allow a deadline extension; however in fairness I need to change how the voting is done.. Everyone can vote however this time only the people who has a playoff team remaining votes will count. For those of you who don't have a team remaining you will vote for the tiebreaker. The reason I have to make this change is the eliminated players will just vote for the lower amount so that the winner has a lesser chance of passing them. In this new way they can choose freely making no huge impact.

3 points- 0 votes
4 points- 1 vote (superbobdabest)

PLEASE VOTE RIGHT AFTER YOU READ THIS. The deadline is Sunday the 19th 2:00P.M. ET (11A.M. PT). One vote per player. This is for the amount of points the superbowl winner gets. If you don't understand the voting please contact me ASAP. I am not sure how much internet time I will have this weekend. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

*I changed my vote from the value of 3 points to the value of 4 points.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Divisional Weekend

xXxDARPO89xXx-28 total points
49ers-16 points=12 points+4 points (clinch, Wild Card win, divisional)
Lions-7 points
Titans-5 points

daleks-36 total points
Seahawks-17 points=13 points+4 points (clinch, BYE, divisional)
Colts-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)
Buccaneers-2 points
Redskins-2 points
Cowboys-2 points

superbobdabest-32 total points
Broncos-17 points=13 points+4 points (clinch, BYE, divisional)
Panthers-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, BYE)
Texans-2 points

vinster132-34 total points
Packers-10 points=9 points+1 point (clinch)
Bengals-12 points=11 points+1 point (clinch)
Chiefs-12 points=11 points+1 point (clinch)

CalvinKidd137-31 total points
Cardinals-10 points
Saints-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)
Bears-8 points

Patrick2011-14 total points
Browns-4 points
Rams-7 points
Raiders-3 points

killersup10-29 total points
Eagles-11 points=10 points+1 point (clinch)
Giants-7 points
Chargers-11 points=9 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)

xeano321-28 total points
Patriots-16 points=12 points+4 points (clinch, BYE, divisional)
Cowboys-4 points
Vikings-5 points
Dolphins-3 points

Bronze-20 total points
Falcons-4 points
Ravens-8 points
Jets-8 points

jeol-17 total points (joined Week 5)
Dolphins-5 points
Bills-3 points
Steelers-7 points
Cowboys-2 points

STANDINGS:

1. daleks-36 points
2. vinster132-34 points
3. superbobdabest-32 points
4. Calvinkidd137-31 points
5. killersup10-29 points
6. xeano321 and xXxDARPO89xXx-28 points
8. Bronze-20 points
9. jeol-17 points
10. Patrick2011-14 points

NEWS:
killersup10 and Calvinkidd137's seasons are over due to the fact that they do not have any playoff teams remaining.
Honestly at the beginning of the season I thought killersup10 would definitely be one of the guys I am least worried about. That all changed when I was tied with killersup for 4th place. He pick a bunch of underrated teams and with a slow start was able to boost his way back up to the top.
What I said for killersup is very close to what I said for Calvinkidd137. I didn't think he would be much of a worry. Instead I see him in a 3 way race for first. His teams were underrated but he still pulled out a good season.
killersup10 will finish anywhere from 5th to 7th place
Calvinkidd137 will finish anywhere fro 4th to 6th place
Please vote for the poll

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Dear Seattle, please win.

O also I vote for 3 points.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

All of my teams failed, aside from the patriots (I

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Why did my post cut off?

I vote for 4 points.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I vote for 4 points.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Season is over, but it was a good season overall. Many adjustments will be made. Good game everyone. Top five is not bad at all.Killersup shall vote for the value of four.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Most of my points came from the Jets. How...how did that happen?

I vote for 4 points.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I PREDICTED THE SUPER BOWL BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED!

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Also, I will at least tie for first.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Even though, I'm out of the conservation. I hope the Broncos win. Seahawks fans were a disgrace to NaVorro Bowman yesterday. He suffered a serious injury and yet they chucked food at him. Richard Sherman, as good as he is, is too arrogant. It was classless what he did.

I'm a little disappointed in the 49ers but hey, I'll admit it Kaepernick choked in the 4th. He needs to improve on decision making and accuracy.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Seahawks fans were a disgrace to NaVorro Bowman yesterday. He suffered a serious injury and yet they chucked food at him.

Don't look at a few fans and judge all of them. What they did was wrong but it was only a few that did. There are rude and heartless fans that cheer for every team.
Richard Sherman, as good as he is, is too arrogant. It was classless what he did.

Ya, he overstepped his bounds but people are getting too worked about it. Also, here is his response. CLICK ME!
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

3 points- 1 vote (daleks)
4 points- 1 vote (superbobdabest, xeano321, xXxDARPO89xXx)

Ok so superbowl is worth 4 points

There are rude and heartless fans that cheer for every team.

It's true. Look at my team. We cheered when our QB got injured. Except we have a lot of bad fans because it was practically the whole stadium who cheered.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Conference Weekend

xXxDARPO89xXx-28 total points
49ers-16 points=12 points+4 points (clinch, Wild Card win, divisional)
Lions-7 points
Titans-5 points

daleks-39 total points
Seahawks-20 points=13 points+7 points (clinch, BYE, divisional, conference)
Colts-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)
Buccaneers-2 points
Redskins-2 points
Cowboys-2 points

superbobdabest-35 total points
Broncos-20 points=13 points+7 points (clinch, BYE, divisional, conference)
Panthers-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, BYE)
Texans-2 points

vinster132-34 total points
Packers-10 points=9 points+1 point (clinch)
Bengals-12 points=11 points+1 point (clinch)
Chiefs-12 points=11 points+1 point (clinch)

CalvinKidd137-31 total points
Cardinals-10 points
Saints-13 points=11 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)
Bears-8 points

Patrick2011-14 total points
Browns-4 points
Rams-7 points
Raiders-3 points

killersup10-29 total points
Eagles-11 points=10 points+1 point (clinch)
Giants-7 points
Chargers-11 points=9 points+2 points (clinch, Wild Card win)

xeano321-28 total points
Patriots-16 points=12 points+4 points (clinch, BYE, divisional)
Cowboys-4 points
Vikings-5 points
Dolphins-3 points

Bronze-20 total points
Falcons-4 points
Ravens-8 points
Jets-8 points

jeol-17 total points (joined Week 5)
Dolphins-5 points
Bills-3 points
Steelers-7 points
Cowboys-2 points

STANDINGS:

1. daleks-39 points
2. superbobdabest-35 points
3. vinster132-34 points
4. Calvinkidd137-31 points
5. killersup10-29 points
6. xeano321 and xXxDARPO89xXx-28 points
8. Bronze-20 points
9. jeol-17 points
10. Patrick2011-14 points

NEWS:
xeano321 and xXxDARPO89xXx's seasons are over due to the fact that they do not have any playoff teams remaining.
xeano321 had a respectable season. With the help of the patriots xeano321 stayed in the game. Great season to him. Better luck next season.
xXxDARPO89xXx had an up and down season. At times he was running for first, at times he was running from last. He did pretty good this year. He may of not won but good job to him anyway.
xeano321 and xXxDARPO89xXx both tied at 6th place

Alright so mathematically daleks has already won the competition. With a four point lead the worst that can happen is I could tie him. So the question is just figuring out if he won alone or if we tied. If the Seahawks win the Superbowl daleks wins by himself. If the Broncos win the Superbowl we share the crown. Either way daleks won.

2 more weeks everyone!

Showing 301-315 of 354