ForumsThe TavernAG Football Competion

354 74537
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok so this is the official forum for the football competion. All of the news and other updates will be posted here. Please check this weekly. We still have 2 spots remaining. If you have a friend that likes football ask them to message me. For those random people who are reading this if you like football or have a random friend who likes football tell them to come to me. Remember this is NFL not College Football.

Rules:

Ok rules are really simple. We will do a draft. Everyone will get 3 teams. Everytime that team wins, you get a point. In the result of a tie both teams will earn a point.

Draft

I will write the names down on a paper. I will one at a time pull the names out of a hat. That person will draft last at the end of the first round. The next name I pull out will draft second to last and so on. After we pull out the order we will double up meaning the last person of the first round will go first and the second to last will go second and so on. For the third and final round we will repeat the first round.

Trades

You and any other person are allowed to make a trade. You can trade teams, points, and draft picks. The only rule is each person must have 3 draft picks at the end of the trade whether you're trading picks or not. You must either post on my page or in this forum.

Playoff Points

Next up; playoff points. Each team who makes the playoffs gets 1 point. Winning the wild card round or getting a bye during the Wild Card round gets you two points. Winning the Divisional round gets you 3 points. Winning the Conference round gets you 4 points. Superbowl points are unknown yet. We will take a vote about it later in the season.

Ok I think that's it. If anyone has a question just post here or on my profile. For the people in the competion please comment so I know when I can post more updates. Draft order will be decided after enough people respond. Thanks guys.

• 354 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

@vinster132 and xXxDAPRO89xXx: According to the OP, each win is a point. Also, a tie will award a point to both teams involved.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

okay thanks Patrick.

And yes them 49ers won!
2 pts for me

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Steelers ate officially up for trade. Anybody who wants em. A decent deal could get you the steelers.

And yah one point for each win and a point for each team if a tie occurs. (It happened last year.)

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Steelers have declined to a pretty bad state now. But it is th first wee so I'll wait on it.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I might trade the Bengals

Would you be interested in trading for my Dolphins? They are pretty equal, and are both on the upswing.

Whoo! I got two points *salsa dance commences.*

I would have got three, but the Jets beat my Bucs with a field goal... Dang.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I am good with the Cowboys. They played well. Got 3 points.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

@superbob (your comment on my profile): I probably won't take the Steelers.

Would you be interested in trading for my Dolphins? They are pretty equal, and are both on the upswing.

Not sure yet, New England is with the Dolphins. Plus, the AFC North is a little more open with the Steelers on decline, Browns not doing well, and the Ravens losing key assets. So, Bengals have a better chance to pull through.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Not sure yet, New England is with the Dolphins. Plus, the AFC North is a little more open with the Steelers on decline, Browns not doing well, and the Ravens losing key assets. So, Bengals have a better chance to pull through.

Dolphins are moving up! With a weakened offense in New England, they could possibly challenge them with control of the division. Jets and Bills are out of it. Dolphins are in the top two easy.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Hey Superbob would you mind If I took all the socres and added up people's points and stuff? I mean somedays I have nothing better to do... xD

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

*Break dances into room.* Eagles won.

*Break dances out of room.*

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Hey Superbob would you mind If I took all the socres and added up people's points and stuff? I mean somedays I have nothing better to do... xD

No go do your homework.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

No go do your homework.

Dam Vinster. You have successfully outsmarted my homework evasion tactic. Jkjkjk

But what about when i'm alone at my house and i've done all my homework? xD
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Ok yah darpo you can post the scores as long as you follow the format on pg.8. And darpo if I don't post rhe scores by wednesday 9am PT you and only and you can post rhe scores. They will be checked a nd anyform of cheating or helping yourself win will not be allowed and could result in a fine (of points) and or ban/suspension. Everyone makes mistakes so a mess up hear and there is totally fine but of its constant I will turn suspicious. Lol I know that sounded kinda harsh but its for the game.

If I'm right I think I got 2 points this week. The Bronco - Raven blowout and the Texans - Chargers comeback. Speaking of that Texans game any thoughts?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Speaking of that Texans game any thoughts?

That was sad... But the chargers kinda had it coming for them. (they aren't very good at all)

I've never really liked the Chargers... I don't know why I don't like my home team. Maybe I should move to New Orleans and root for the Saints \\m/
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Showing 91-105 of 354