ForumsSupport Forum[Locked] Dawn Of The Dragons - Cannot connect Error

24 12522
MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

So me along with a few more players seem to be experiencing a problem with connecting to the games client although many can still play this happened after a recent update to the game, but the developers cannot find a problem on their end. I figured I would ask about it on your end then as well. Thanks for getting back to me in advance.

http://armorgames.com/dawn-of-the-dragons-game/13509

• 24 Replies
MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

Oh also the solutions we have tried so far as as follows;

1. Clear browser cache and restart the browser.
2. Update all flash programs etc.
3. use the report link here: http://armorgames.com/mmo_games/report.php
4. Restart computer and/or try another PC.
5. Try a different IP/ISP aka different login location.
6. Try different browsers.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

although many can still play

If it works for some and not for others, my first guess would always be you're blocking something at your end.

I just left some thoughts again on these issues here, see what you make of it. Let us know if that helped.
veny
veny
4 posts
Nomad

Same problem for me (any many more people according to DotD forum).Only think that helps is change internet provider.Yes,with same notebook I can connect to neighbours net but not to mine.3 days ago everything was OK so problem is not in our PCs ...

MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

It couple be something with individual ISPs but if that was the case we shouldnt be able to connect using a different location hosting the same ISP XD which some can do. I don't think it is my settings on my side as nothing has changed and I have been fine playing the game for over 300 days logged so far.. the side chat bar for it loads fine but the game client does not. you can see what I mean here;

http://puu.sh/3Xacl.jpg

I have heard many different things and many others have found some solutions work for them but there is still others that do not get anything to work.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

OK, so if it isn't at their end, and it isn't at yours, then it's at no one's end.

I don't see this ISP idea, unless those game keepers were in the habit of doling out IP bans a little too easily, thus banning entire blocks of innocent users. That would be rather silly of them; you could ask them about it, just to be sure.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

ps

I don't think it is my settings on my side

The reasons why you think so are really not that important, but do you merely assume so, or have you actually looked at those suggestions I gave, and tried to reproduce them? If we know they don't work for you, we'd at least have ruled out that particular avenue, we could then hopefully think of other solutions.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then pps

I don't think it is my settings on my side

the developers cannot find a problem on their end. I figured I would ask about it on your end then as well.

It's only starting to sink in now: So if you mean is there something ArmorGames can do about it at their end, no, I'll gladly stand corrected, but I don't think there's anything they'll be able to do about it.
MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

Not trying to be mean but the way you worded one of your posts made you out to be a tad arrogant. But anyway Yes all solutions suggested on both dies have been tried to no avail. It seems to be on AGs side or individual ISPs that are having issues. Seeing as how on other sites the game is located on load just fine I am more than sure it has something to do with AG and the game client. What I dont know. The developers are currently out of office as it is the weekend. I know a few of them personally so I hit them up and let them know so hopefully we can get an answer - i'm surprised no one else has posted here about it.

The forums on the developers site however has a large number of others seeing the same problem some has found some solutions to work and some still waiting. Its quite bizarre really.

Well that's it for now I guess - I emailed ferret from AG about it as well.

veny
veny
4 posts
Nomad

I am afraid people from DotD have vacations - reason why they did update in thursday and why they dont care about this issue ...

MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

It isn't because they don't care, just they are always out of office on weekends. They did this patch early because a company trip. Most bigger companies do those kinds of things or similar as a perk. Anyway - it seems that some people on the newgrounds site also have this issue but it seems in less quantity. I know the devs know about it and will get back to checking it out on monday. So its just a matter of time. Patience is key here

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

We've tried to replicate this in the office here, but have been unable to do so. Is this still going on? The last post was a few days ago.

MusashiKorian
MusashiKorian
15 posts
Nomad

Yes It is still going on unfortunately XD

Hyoyasha
Hyoyasha
1 posts
Nomad

I am still having this issue as well. I have noticeed that most other MMOs on the site work just fine, so i have doubts that it may be a problem on this end, considering also that others have been having these issues on Facebook, New Grounds and even the official game website. also Here is a link to the thread on the DotD forums if it may be at all helpful.
http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/forums/showthread.php?25811-Armor-Games-Musashi-lvl-1117/page3

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Is there any way we could get screenshots/video of the issue? That would be a great start, since I can't replicate it. :/

veny
veny
4 posts
Nomad

http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/forums/showthread.php?25811-Armor-Games-Musashi-lvl-1117
In first post is screenshot ... I can confirm in this game stuck and wont load.
Futher in this page is described our problem.
DotD devs know about this issue but we didnt get any statement from them ...

Showing 1-15 of 24