ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Not understanding

6 2554
Chozo1992
Chozo1992
78 posts
Farmer

My computer has 10 gigs of DDR ram, 3.4 Ghz process (if you need any other spec such as transfer rate ect. i can send a PM for it) how ever there is a few online games that lag like iv never seen lag before. My guild wars 2 doeskin really lag at all so i know its not my internet connection and on my laptop which only has 4 gigs of ram and 3.1 ghz process doesnt lag at all. Iv cleared my cashe and it made it worse, iv tried improving performance through Catalyst control center and still nothing i cant think of anything else someone got any sugestions?

• 6 Replies
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

What's your connection speed?

I guess it could always be at the server's end, so their capacity or traffic bottling up there, or the thing just stalling or whatever. If you have tons of processing running all at the same time, don't & see if that helps.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Er, processing running = of course, processes running.

MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

Then pps (and please refrain from using text speak to help others understand and help you. Just spell out your words, as best you can),

iv tried improving performance through Catalyst control center

I don't know about this catalyst, but many of these "system performance tools" tend to only make things worse. Keep it simple, and don't trust third-party pograms to run your machine for you too much.

Again, I can't comment on this particular tool, nor then will I advise on how to best go about it; but, just a general word to the wise. if anything, do some web research on such programs before running them, and settle for a few to cover what you want and need, don't keep stacking one on the other. It's asking for trouble, sooner or later.
MacII
MacII
1,315 posts
Shepherd

... And then ppps, what's your graphics card? I won't be able to judge it, but others might.

You could of course be running into some games that are too demanding for it.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

What game are you trying to play?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

My computer has 10 gigs of DDR ram

When you say DDR RAM, do you mean actual DDR RAM? Because that belongs in a museum. If you have DDR3 RAM then the problem likely lies in some of the intrusive adds. For instance, I can max out Skyrim at 55 FPS but when certain adds are accompanying the flash game it becomes unbearable.

Again though, as Ferret implied, the game can have allot to do with it, with the same computer that I previously mentioned I play at about 1/5 speed (according to the timer) on Epic Combo Redux.
Showing 1-6 of 6