ForumsPopular MediaFavorite rapper?

32 18286
pballaddict
pballaddict
128 posts
Nomad

Some people say hes on the legend level. Some people say hes on the mainstream level with others. Kendrick is my favorite rapper, & he is definitely one of the best right now especially after good kid maad city. Opinions on who the best rapper is out right now & why?

• 32 Replies
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

Oh dear guys, educate yourselves

Anyway:
Biggy, Nas, Ol' Dirty *******, Danny Brown.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I'm personaly not a fan of rap but Macklemore in my opinion is a great rapper who also a great role model, preaching a good message compared to 2Chainz and Tyga.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Carl Panzram.

Oh, wait...this is embarrassing. I switch my answer to K.Flay.

Fst6_Believe
Fst6_Believe
4 posts
Nomad

The only correct answer is here Spose.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Tonedeff, Tech N9ne, Mark Morrison, and some other oldies. You know.

EvilSantos
EvilSantos
15 posts
Peasant

If we're talking about all time favorite, that will be Tupac Amaru Shakur, no doubt. Live ones..I'm guessing Tech N9ne, Sam Lachow, Raz Simone, Common and sooo many others and order does not matter. I'm a big listener and the genres are combined.

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

Oh dear guys, educate yourselves

Couldn't agree more with you.

My all time favorites are: Nas, C.L. Smooth, Pharoahe Monch and (obviously) Rakim.

Some of my current favorites would be: Insight, Blu, Blitz the Ambassador and Substantial.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

lately ive been listening to a lot of Logic and mac miller, but i also like Kid Cudi a lot as well. there's so many to choose from.

I think Logic is probably the best up and coming rapper though. saw him at red rocks with juicy j, kid cudi, and earlwolf. dope show.

pierocet
pierocet
27 posts
Shepherd

Drake....

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Who was the guy that did Hotel Holiday Inn? Anyone know?

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

B.o.B is my favorite rapper. End of story.

Now is this about strictly rap or is hip hop kind of allowed here as well?

I like Tinie Tempah and I can always dig on some Wiz Khalifa and Kid Cudi, even Lupe Fiasco from time to time. 2 Chainz and Future kind of annoy me at this point, because they are the top 2 rappers and it seems they are on every freaking song that plays on the radio. But I still enjoy it. Lil Wayne is alright, along with Sage the Gemini. I can listen to them for a while, but only up to a point. I loooove Eve and I am not afraid to say I like Nicki Minaj. Lil Kim is annoying and Missy Elliot is great. Kreyashawn is just hilarious. Drake is good but sliiiiightly overrated, and Ludacris will always have a spot in my heart. Eminem annoys the heck out of me, sorry. I just don't like his voice. He's got some alright lyrics and I can listen to him for a bit but I just can't stand his voice. Hmm hmm who else... Tupac and 50 cent are gods in the rap industry and forever will be.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

Lecrae is mine, but I never listen to music so....

~~Black~~

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Parappa da Rappa

mc chris...Watsky...Tyler, The Creator...Earl Sweatshirt

And the greatest of them all:
Lil B AKA TheBasedGod

So good he needs to be mentioned twice.

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

Some of my favorites right now are Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Lil B, OutKast, Madvillian, and Danny Brown

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester
Showing 16-30 of 32