ForumsPopular MediaBen Affleck is Batman

11 14550
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

What do you think about this?

I personally can't see him as an intimidating Batman (some of these were my top picks), but other actors have surprised us in the past. Such as Heath Ledger as the Joker. Then again there was the George Clooney Batman that was absolutely terrible.
I haven't seen many films with Affleck, but judging from Daredevil and The Town it's 50/50. His physical appearance needs some serious work though.

Also,

• 11 Replies
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

At first, I thought about the duck from the Aflac commercials and thought this was a joke thread, but then I was like, "Oh. The dude that played Daredevil." Ahem. Anyways.

Well, he's not the best possible roles they could've picked as an alternative to Bale, but not the worst, either. As an actor, he's okay for the role (personally, he didn't do THAT bad in Daredevil) but that's just my opinion.

Appearance wise? Maybe a bit of makeup could fix that up... or a lot of makeup could fix that up... Or plastic surgery...

All in all, I don't have high expectations for him, especially since he didn't do that well in a previous superhero movie, but hey, you never know.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Appearance wise?

I'm talking about his build, Batman needs to be have a decent amount of muscle mass. Affleck looks like a Bruce Wayne and has an ok chin for the cowl, but he needs to be bigger.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm glad they are managing so well after Bale's death.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Eh... I still don't see it.

But anyways, if you're talking about build, I don't think that's going to be too much of a problem if Affleck is dedicated to the role.

I mean, Christian Bale lost about 60 pounds to play his role for the Machinist, and 6 months later, he built up enough muscle to adequately play the role for Batman. That takes immense will power and dedication.

Affleck, being as he is, if he can't even do half of what Christian Bale can do for his role, then he's a lost cause as an actor.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

To be honest I'm not exactly excited, I still remember Daredevil, but Affleck does have traits more akin to Bruce Wayne than Bale did. Anyway, let's hope it will be the right decision!

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

The only problem is that Ben doesnt have a good bat-voice. He can get bigger and, well argo was great, but the voice just doesnt match.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

There's a popular rumor that Bryan Cranston will be playing Lex Luthor. Here's a fan made trailer.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ben doesnt have a good bat-voice.

You mean like in TDK series.

I thought batman sounded annoying, couldn't he build a device that masked his voice and didn't sound so grinding.

~~~Darth Caedus
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I'm more worried about Zach Snyder ruining Batman than Affleck. He's no Nolan.

Showing 1-11 of 11