Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Computer Specifications for gaming

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 2:23am

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

I know you might think this is a stupid question but are you using sli and what hz is your monitor?

Nah and I have an HDTV as my monitor at 30Hz it looks like.

Just look at this benchmark for cod 4 with a 9800 on 1920x1200 it only just manages around 50fps and cod 4 isn't exactly high detail compared to other games.

The post that guy benchmarked it at was from 2008. I think they redid the card or something because mine is nowhere near as terrible as that card and I got mine last year. I can run MW2 on max and I don't notice a lack of speed also Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim I can run on ultra. Skyrim is slower (of course) but New Vegas didn't change

What mhz did you have before and now? I have gone from 4 to 8gb not long ago when one of my ram sticks got corrupted and I didn't notice a change so I expect it was the speed of the ram.

I don't know but I didn't replace the old RAM I just more I had 2 gbs already and I added two 2 gb sticks

'd get a n]better Graphics card...Maybe a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 740?

First off I don't think you know what you are talking about because they don't have GTX 740 from what i've seen and Gigabyte is kind of a terrible brand imo they are alongside MSI for having kind of crappy cards.
And if what I think you are talking about is the Nvidia GTX 780 or 770? then Yeah those cards would be great but they are top of the line brand new and expensive.

It's also a good idea to remove useless things that takes up memory like shaded icons, blinking cursor with trail effect, animations, computer sounds (beeps, bells, startup music, etc.).
Defragmenting the hard drive regularly also helps.

I believe that is great for a kind of last resort on slower machines but it doesn't make a huge difference. Just buys you some time thats all

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 5:58am

Gamer_Cale

Gamer_Cale

1,427 posts

I don't know but I didn't replace the old RAM I just more I had 2 gbs already and I added two 2 gb sticks

Oh you only had 2gb the difference from 2-4 would be quite noticeable from what I have heard.

Nah and I have an HDTV as my monitor at 30Hz it looks like.

That explains how you can play in the specs you said because with a 30hz monitor you will only see 30fps so you wont notice the difference between 30 and 60 fps.

Maybe a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 740

The 740 isn't out yet...

Posted Aug 28, '13 at 4:35pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

Oh you only had 2gb the difference from 2-4 would be quite noticeable from what I have heard.

Yeah so now I have 6gbs of ram and I found out my MHZ.

My old Ram (2gbs) is 266mhz
and my New RAM 2, two gig sticks (4Gbs) is 333Mhz

I ran the 3dMark Demo test and my computer was getting 230-300 FPS on the Basic test Graphics test and only a 30 FPS on the Physics test

The more advanced test was 28-32 FPS on Graphics and a horrible result of 3.2 FPS on the Physics test

Reply to Computer Specifications for gaming

You must be logged in to post a reply!