ForumsPopular MediaWho is your favorite author?

22 13017
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

Please explain properly why you like them.

Easy answer for me: John Wyndham. He, in my opinion, is the greatest science fiction author of all time. He hasn't produced many books, but they are all classics. The best is probably Day of the Triffids. The reason his books are so great is that they don't go in for big, exciting fight scenes and flowery language. Instead, he follows the daily life of people during an unnatural event. The heroes are not muscle bound hunks with no shirts and bazookas. They are ordinary (very 1950s british) men; journalists, bankers, managers, who in the face of a strange and unnerving situation can't do much but keep calm and carry on. Oh, and some of them are absolutely terrifying. Especially The Midwich Cuckoos. Especially if you put yourself in the shoes of one of the women.

• 22 Replies
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

tbh i hate reading books, the only books i ever enjoyed was the harry potter series, so that kinda puts jk rowling as my favorite

blackfurydragon
blackfurydragon
42 posts
Nomad

To me same as Drink. Harry potter ones.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Dr. Seuss. The man can write quite the children's book.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Richard Adams. Not only did he write Watership Down, my favorite book, but he always had such a unique style of writing as well as storytelling. He used vague language, not in a precocious effort to appear intelligent, but to write a different story for each reader. The endings to books like Shardik and Tales are great as well.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Tolkein and Tom Clancy are my two most favorite authors

C.S.L. Christopher Paolini are up there as well.

~~~Darth Caedus

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Christopher Paolini

Why? The Inheritance series was awful. Has he written anything else?
jorgea
jorgea
2 posts
Nomad

Leo Tolstoy

benni369
benni369
328 posts
Shepherd

Frank Beddor, mainly because he wrote "the looking glass wars" which is my favorite book, and he balances every character out, unlike "Harry Potter" where the attention is mostly drawn around Harry.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

George RR Martin just for creating the ASOIAF serie.
Close second is Dan Brown.

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

R.L Stine

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

I've read far too many good books without ever glancing at the author's name, unfortunately.

So instead, I'll just tell you an author I like as of late, who would be Stephen Emonds.

gamer34126576
gamer34126576
1 posts
Peasant

My famous authors have got to be: zac power by h.i. larry and no i'm not still reading these i choose him because he used to make these books about adventure thrills and fighting.
next i chose Wayne Thomas Batson he simply gets it for having a real/fantasy books in which they have humans,skrillax (giant spiders),stone blood and other mythical characters.

MoguMogu1993
MoguMogu1993
26 posts
Nomad

E. L James - the author of 50 shades of grey...

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I don't really have a favorite, but I read a lot of books by Rick Riordan.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Rick Riordan is an awesome author, he wrote the Percy Jackson series which the last book comes out next year.

Eoin Colfer has to be my second but he's still a good author nonetheless, he wrote tons of books but if there was a book I had to pick, it would be the first Artemis Fowl, that book was amazing.

Pittacus Lore is my third. His series is amazing, even though its just one series(which is called Lorien Legacies) the books are just filled with action, suspense, and a touch of romance.

Anthony Horowitz would be my fourth, I've just read his books recently and I've got to say, he did a wonderful job. I almost put him as my third but since I just started I shouldn't really put him there... yet.

Showing 1-15 of 22