ForumsGamesbest super smash bros melee characters

18 6334
Tozerf22
Tozerf22
20 posts
Scribe

What character do you think is the best in super smash bros melee?

• 18 Replies
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

hmm melee... havnt played that one for long... i remember pikachu, kirbey and fox were considered broken... or maybe it was pikachu from the original one?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'll just sit over here with Samus and shoot y'all from afar. kthxbai

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Do we have to choose from Melee? I've never played it. But I'll just choose Link. Not Young Link, not Toon Link. Just Link.

DidactUnbound
DidactUnbound
370 posts
Nomad

Marth. That one character whom everyone seems to think is a girl. Him. Because Marth is fast and strong, all in one.

xaeros
xaeros
54 posts
Scribe

If you know/play the game, you know that there is no "best" character

Just some beginner/spamming noobs with pikachu maybe.. a bit. But after some time you know each character's moves and way to counter so the fights are only a matter of skill

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

If you know/play the game, you know that there is no "best" character

Just some beginner/spamming noobs with pikachu maybe.. a bit. But after some time you know each character's moves and way to counter so the fights are only a matter of skill

usually. but when you forget skill and compare the pure moves, movements and abilities of the characters some are simply worse/better then others. peach and jigglypuff for example were much stronger in melee then in brawl. and pichu is pretty bad (even though i actually like using him more then pikachu).
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i always was able to win with young link, i most spammed his sword spin attack

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Never got the hang of links moves in Melee but I always loved to play Fox, he was my favorite. He kind of seems like a ***** in brawl though

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

Zelda has been my favorite in Melee and Brawl since I can remember

Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Mario. DUHHHH

gh0sts
gh0sts
865 posts
Shepherd

Ness is a great character. I always forget about his down-B move though. I get by with his bat and his yoyo, with the occasional fire throw.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

i havent played in ages, but i will tell you i was best as link, i spammed the spin attack countless times

FreckledTerror
FreckledTerror
57 posts
Peasant

My best character is the Ice Climbers, I just spammed the right C-Stick move and dominated.

rychus
rychus
1,282 posts
Farmer

Kirby of course! *suck*

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

The best? Hasn't Fox always been the top-tier character in all of the games? Maybe no so much anymore, but it used to be that way for the first two iterations. That might just be a load of fluff though.

In any game where you can choose/create a character, there really isn't a 'best' one out there. It all depends on the person controller the character. Sure, Fox my be the 'best' character by some stats sheet. Yet that means nothing if you don't know how to use him.

Showing 1-15 of 18