ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Continuation

276 101477
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

FORWARD

âThe land of ArmorGames holds many people from many lands, each with their own story, whether they be wanderers, questers, or seeking to rule.â
~Strop and Cenere, former Way of ag e­566/page/1">Moderation directors

Today a new world lives. The time of the WoMâs launch is long past. A new generation breathes. Theyâre building a new society, theyâre telling new tales, and theyâre leaving new legacies.

• 276 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I'm doing a bad thing. Aminu distracted me last night.

I promise it will be up today. If it isn't, I allow Sal to take my Season 2 writing privileges and the ability to do whatever he wants with my character, no matter how embarrassing or if it were to kill me off.

[Note: I still count the morning of tomorrow as "today" given I will still be up and whatnot, but if I get a chance for actually today then I will take the chance]

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Alright...I made you all wait long enough.
Well..not really. But whatever.

-----
Chapter 1
Part 10: The milk that graces my throat

pang closed the book.

"What are you doing? Why did you stop reading?" his one foot lover inquired, looking towards him with large kawaii eyes.
"I'm a bit thirsty and have a hankering for a snack. Plus, we've been reading for like..what?...5 hours straight?" pang responded, placing Sal, and all of his 18 inches on the ground, then walking towards the kitchen.

As pang opened the mahogany door that normally guards his room, he couldn't help but catch a glimpse of his sweet Sal, staring at him with a look of heavy pondering in his eyes. &quotang, doesn't this seem more like a cop-out? Y'know, to avoid doing the next section?"
"Whoa whoa whoa now hold the goshdarn phone for one minute. Breaking the 4th wall is MY THING, and happens in my thread, not this one. Bad Sal! Bad!"
"...anyways. But really, why not just do the next section? I mean, it wouldn't be that hard. You could get your food and drinks after the chapter ends"

The two were walking into the hallway at this point. pang casually strolling along while Sal scurried his 4 foot body along.

"To be honest, this break is necessary. I don't want to rush the story too much, y'know? Timing is a great way for suspense!"
"Yeah...but the story is going well. Why break the pace?" By now the two had reached the kitchen, and pang was opening the door to their fridge. The door, which was handcrafted by Scandinavian Mountain-men out of pure Mahogany, also had etchings of the Sal and pang snuggling.
"Let me ask you a question, why do people get upset when a series/story/etc. takes longer than expected? I mean, I get it the artist had given a schedule, then the person would be upset because they were lied to, possibly inadvertently, or maybe feel obligation for receiving said item because of the promise...but what of moments when there is no promise?" pang began to ponder, pouring himself some milk/
"What are you talking about?" the hunk at 1 meter asked, confused as to why his sweet began such thoughts.
"Like...say a story is being made, and keeps at a pace that seems to be a schedule, but no schedule is promised. Then, the next update takes some time. Why do people get upset? Is is because we get so trapped in a ritual that disturbing it upsets us?"
"Have you been hanging out with Moe a lot again?"
"No!" pang slammed the milk on the counter, turning around with a striking glare. "Because I don't drink."
&quotang I'm over here."

In a moment of burning and reckage, pang had acted like he was speaking to a camera, only confusing 4inch Sal more than he already was from pang's random thoughts.

"I'm sorry, just a little caught in the moment. What's say you and I go back and...'tell our own story', and then we will get back to WoC?" pang winked.

Before pang could even finish the sentence, Sal was in the room preparing himself, with some smooth Kenny G playing.

Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

As it seems no one else has, let me be the first to thank you posting this in time.

mahogany door
You have no idea how funny this is, trust me.
Breaking the 4th wall is MY THING, and happens in my thread, not this one
Yes, that does seem to be your thing.
4inch Sal
It seems sal is changing height a lot.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

4inch Sal

18 inches

1 meter

Pang seems to be doing this on purpose...
Snag618
Snag618
6,704 posts
Blacksmith

Pang
I hope that was a typo, otherwise you are in a lot of trouble
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I hope that was a typo, otherwise you are in a lot of trouble

Pfft, I said "Pang" before a lot of times and didn't get in trouble, right Pang?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Gandalf remember that part about how I'm one of the writers of this story?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Gandalf remember that part about how I'm one of the writers of this story?

I do remember. I also remember that I'm not in the story anymore, so it doesn't matter.
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I do remember. I also remember that I'm not in the story anymore, so it doesn't matter.

They could bring you back and make your character do something totally embarrassing.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Or not bring him back at all.

>

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Or you could share the doc with me because I'm not sure if you spelled wreckage wrong for a specific reason this time.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Or you could share the doc with me because I'm not sure if you spelled wreckage wrong for a specific reason this time.

I did. Referential humor.

If I don't correct something myself, then I most likely did it on purpose.
{note: not always the case, but usually so]
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I still want in on the doc. :T

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

That was a crummy update. C'mon pang, get to writing.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

C'mon pang, get to writing.

Seems like someone needs to reread it..
Showing 181-195 of 276