ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Way of Continuation

Posted Sep 9, '13 at 11:04pm

gamerguy12345

gamerguy12345

2,989 posts

Chapter 1
Part 1: The Traveler's Trek

âI canât believe the nonsense I put up with.â The story descended into a blazing desert. Dunes streamed sand waves through the landscape, which destroyed all hopes for life. The desert sun was rumoured to cause even the strongest of travelers to cripple up and die. âGod, why did I come out here? âOh, itâll be a GREAT place to get cashâ, HAH! Thanks for the advice!â The lone traveler was en route to ArmorCity. He carried gray, tattered remains of clothing and a formerly magnificent belt. The sunâs rays bellowed all sweat from him, causing extreme dehydration. The traveler was almost to but a crawl now, clinging to the tiny bit of energy he had left. The travelerâs head plopped into the sand. His eyes forced a close. Nothing crossed his mind but a final âOH CRAP.â

Blackness.

âHELLOOOOOOO! HOW ARE WE TODAY!!!!???â
A sudden jolt shot though the travelerâs body. Spasms ran through every nerve.
âWHAT DID YOU JUST DO!?â the traveler screamed.
Everything blurred immensely. The traveler felt vomit shooting from his mouth.
âARE YOU OKAY!?â
âIâm going to ask you one more freaking time before I cut your head off. What did you do to me!?â
âI GAVE YOU AN AWESOME DOSE OF SOME REALLY COOL STUFF THAT SHOULD MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER, SO DO YOU FEEL BETTER NOW!?â
The strangerâs voice paraded through the travelerâs earâs extremely fast and loud.
â...what?â
âITâS CALLED âPOINTâ AND I DONâT KNOW WHAT IT DOES EXCEPT THAT IT MAKES YOU BETTER.â
The traveler paused and glanced around the room. His eyes began to re-focus, but it was hard to make anything out. The only thing he could vaguely make out was a woman-shaped figure in front of him. She bowed her blurred head and stared into his eyes, breathing deeply.
âUh... thanks... it helped, I think.â
âYOUâRE CONGRATULATED.â
âUm, thank... you...?â
The woman seemed peculiar to the traveler, but at this point she assisted him, and thatâs all that mattered to him. His symptoms had vanished and he didnât even feel the pain diminish. His eyes slowly adjusted but the sight which he received was not one he desired.
âWhere are we???â
âWHY, WEâRE ON TOP OF THE LEGENDARIA IMAGINARIA!â
The Legendaria Imaginaria was a very large building built by the prophets, specifically the White Bunny Gantic, many years ago. It is located in ArmorCity. The traveler couldnât recollect anything other than that, and his mental shock was overpowering him anyway. The view from the height was, in the traveler's eyes, unpleasant. His eyes were too blurred yet to make out what ArmorCity looked like. He glanced at his reluctantly-called savior to find that she was an extremely attractive woman, albeit clothless. Her naked body was sheathed by rainbow colored hair, filled with plenty of knickknacks and paddywhacks. One in particular being a figure of a robot hanging from her bangs.
âWhere are your clothes...?â
âINVISIBLE.â
âDo you want some visible clothes?â
âNO.â
âUm, well, why not?â
âBECAUSE THEN I WILL GET COLD.â
âOkay...â
The traveler stood up and wandered to the side of the roof, examining the ground below. His eyes were still too blurred to make anything out. Fortunately, he had become accustomed to his saviorâs being.
âHey, whatâs your name? I was wondering if I could stay here for a few days and it would help to know your name to ask.â
âNAMEâS STORMWALKER.â
âStormWalker... Ah. Itâs a fitting name, I guess.â
The traveler found consolation in his savior, Storm.
âHey, know where I can get some cash? I was told to come here to find someone called R2D2, or something.â
âUH. GO TO MAIN STREET.â
Storm violently shoved the traveler off the roof.

Blackness. Again.

âSpare some change, stranger?â
âUm, excuse me?â
The traveler woke up on the ground this time. His vision finally restored itself, but only to be gripped by a maddening old man with a long, gray beard.
âWhoa! Get away from me!â
The traveler, now at full physical potential, hopped off the ground and sprinted away. He dashed through alleyways and viaducts, unable to make out most of everything because things were blurred. His vision had returned, but his quickness overpowered his ability to see. He eventually found a covert to run up.
The tip of the covert revealed an expansive view. From his height he could see all of ArmorCity. He had finally made it, but he was grabbed with a terrible surprise. The city was large but it was dirty. Poverty had struck most of the city and the formerly magnificent structures were all but destroyed and ruined. It was nothing like what the traveler had been told. In the distance he could make out a contrasting bleach-white that was far more beautiful than the nearing locale. The traveler assumed this was the alleged âmain streetâ due to its centrality in the city. Looking to closer areas, the buildings were covered in moss, rust, and some unidentifiable arid colors. The traveler shrugged and thought to himself, âI guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.â He descended down the covert and onto an unnamed street.
The street was no more pleasant. Rats ran up and down the gutters, men and women slept in their own filth, and food sources were nowhere to be seen. The traveler walked down the street in hopes to find Main Street. He approached a semi-reasonable looking man and presented the question.
âWhy would I know where Main Street is, kiddo?â
âLook, Iâm just trying to get to where I need to be. Please help me, please!â
The stranger thrusted a device out of his pocket. At first glance it looked like nothing but a toy, but the traveler realized it was a gun.
âGimme your money, you swine!â

The traveler had two words for this man.

He kicked the gun away and within seconds and with little struggle the man was on the ground, entirely unconscious.
âDo NOT mess with the one and true pickpocket, sir.â

Posted Sep 9, '13 at 11:20pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,826 posts

You aren't naked.

http://desktop.freewallpaper4.me/preview/4507-bayonetta.jpg

Posted Sep 9, '13 at 11:33pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

7,328 posts

.................I'm not sure if that's better or worse.

Posted Sep 10, '13 at 9:02am

daleks

daleks

3,790 posts

One day Sal, the thread deities to whom I make sacrifices thrice daily will punish you for your insistence of keeping the OP separate from what the thread is actually about.

I have to admit that this is getting annoying. It was interesting the first time, but now I think it just turns people away.

Also I feel as though this will be one of those things that Sal and everyone in FGA starts and then gives up on after a month or so.

Posted Sep 10, '13 at 3:39pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

^This x2

Posted Sep 10, '13 at 8:54pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,772 posts

This...should be interesting. A modern day story time. Make it good Sal.

Posted Sep 10, '13 at 10:26pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I have to admit that this is getting annoying. It was interesting the first time, but now I think it just turns people away.

Also I feel as though this will be one of those things that Sal and everyone in FGA starts and then gives up on after a month or so.

I never had any intention of doing any of these things. The OP wasn't meant to be misleading whatsoever. In fact, I tried to make it obvious.

A more formal introduction:

So, basically, a few friends and I wanted to continue the WoM and also wanted a modern-day version, so we pulled away from the formerly current setting and made our own. We decided to create a sequel (albeit bit of a spin-off or fan-fiction) and named it the Way of Continuation, as we are continuing the Way of Moderation. Thus, we have the WoC.

As for future plans of this story, I don't have any current intent of stopping, nor do I have any intent of vanishing. I don't understand why you'd think I would. I have about three times the current, public amount written, and I'm considering the possibility of adding art. I'm not much of a realistic artist and I don't have too much time to draw for something of this scale, so count on using your imaginations.

As for characters, I'm adding people as I go. Introductions will come when deemed feasible. The current cast of characters included is 16. I guess if you want to be included early, ask, but I won't guarantee anything.

pang and I will be writing the bulk of the story and Riptizoid101 (or informally known as Rip) is our lead editor. The people pang mentioned in his latest post are those who have contributed either to the story or to the casting so far. Some of the people mentioned have written paragraphs of dialogue while others have added a few words here and there. It's kind of a community piece, so feel free to ask me if you want to contribute.

The WoC will be divided into main chapters which are subsequently divided into parts. I'm figuring chapters will run like seasons of a television show, with a dramatic opener, a few filler episodes, a dramatic middle, some more filler episodes, and a very dramatic ending. The parts of each chapter should be considered as the individual episodes. The first two parts on this thread are fairly short in comparison to what I'm planning (and have already written) for the future.

I have a pretty busy life with school and work and everything else, so I understand it might be a little hard to contact me. My Twitter @name is @Del_Medio_Oeste, my email is Salvidian@yahoo.com, my AG profile is always open, and you can contact me on the FGA chat because I spend a good amount of time there. Otherwise I'm sure either pang or Rip will be happy to help.

I hope this turns into a fun project that you all enjoy. That's my only goal.

Posted Sep 11, '13 at 2:41am

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Good luck with this. Will yall have drawings or anything to go with it?

Posted Sep 11, '13 at 4:24am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,826 posts

We plan on having some artwork..obviously my artistic abilities will be saved for scenes of grand importance.

Posted Sep 11, '13 at 7:44pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

10,613 posts

So... will this story be about the users of ArmorGames then? I am... technically... still a user! ^^

Reply to The Way of Continuation

You must be logged in to post a reply!