ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Way of Continuation

276 101292
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

FORWARD

âThe land of ArmorGames holds many people from many lands, each with their own story, whether they be wanderers, questers, or seeking to rule.â
~Strop and Cenere, former Way of ag e­566/page/1">Moderation directors

Today a new world lives. The time of the WoMâs launch is long past. A new generation breathes. Theyâre building a new society, theyâre telling new tales, and theyâre leaving new legacies.

• 276 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Who the hell is killersup?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Trevor Newman
Sal... The natives grow restless...
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I literally have it typed. Waiting for pang's confirmation.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Sal... The natives grow restless...

The natives can wait. I won't have something rushed because people grow unjustifiably impatient.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Someone very busy lately.

I literally have it typed. Waiting for pang's confirmation.

pang smells, you should post it.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

The natives can wait. I won't have something rushed because people grow unjustifiably impatient.

......heh, heh....
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

So I suppose by "Way of Continuation", you mean continuing the WOM's habit of waiting a few years in between posting updates?

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

So I suppose by "Way of Continuation", you mean continuing the WOM's habit of waiting a few years in between posting updates?

Apparently.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

Once upon a time, everyone who felt left out of the way of moderation made a story about being in the fictional city of amor games. They reconciled this idyllic land to their own real, drab lives, and felt good. then pang said hitler did nothing wrong and it all fell to pieces.

They all went home.

The end.

There y'all go I just went ahead and finished for you okay see you around folks.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Posting tonight. pang is going to be gone until Sunday and I haven't time to wait. It's been approved by others anyway.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Chapter 1
Part 2: The Eccentric Scientists and a Boom

Storm (whom we had the erroneous awesomeness of encountering earlier) was wandering around the roof of her home. She walked over to the statue of Gantic and propped against it, and she began twirling her hair. After losing interest in that, she decided it was time to go. She pulled the tiny robot from the tangles of her hair and threw it against the ground.
âGET TO WORK!â
The robot skidded away and fell off the side of the roof. Storm began wandering aimlessly around the complex again, observing her surroundings. She loved her home on the Imaginarium. The statues of Gantic were weathered but maintained dignity. Old puns, poems and seemingly nonsensical quotes were engraved in the lovely arches. Sometime after the prophets vanished and before the present time, an anonymous donor decided to give the entire place a makeover, creating a castle-like structure. The whole building was made of a great, gray stone. For some reason, she felt at home there. The building was absolutely abandoned, except for the occasional kiddie that found their way there. Storm heard a loud beep and decided it was time to visit her friend. She walked into the roof door which lowered her into the below room. The room was very nice. Discarded remnants that were formerly worshipped were strung about the room. Old artifacts, McNeelyism scripture, Newmanism scripture, and lots of miscellaneous statues. The room was trimmed with lovely velvet carpet and there was a heart shaped bed in the corner. The bed was covered with a lovely rose-stained comforter that was made of fleece. Storm got it from her pet robot (whom you had the opportunity to somewhat meet earlier).
Storm walked into the castle-like hallway and down to the non-functioning elevator. She hopped down the shaft, falling two stories before she landed on her left foot perfectly. She had an awesome cat-like balance. She stumbled in the dark before opening the door she was supposed to go into, which led her into a marvelously huge laboratory. The laboratory had great big lights that shown throughout the entire sub-level basement. When her eyes adjusted to the light, she saw the whole thing. Inside the laboratory looked like a grand, stereotypical science house. Magnificent scientific equipment was everywhere, and most of them were so abstract and complicated that she couldnât even begin to ponder what they did.
âHey, Storm! Whatâs up!?â
It was Stormsâ old friend, Mino. He was wearing the typical labcoat. Oh, and heâs a minotaur.
âR2 HAD ME COME DOWN HERE.â
Mino forgot how loud she talked sometimes. He responded with a soft kiss on the cheek as a welcome to his home.
âHey, come here. I wanna show you something new.â
They walked across a white, shiny floor that was surrounded by automobile parts, broken computers, miscellaneous machinery, âHornsâ magazines, and instruments used for measuring physics components. They arrived in a room that was empty aside from a large chamber in the middle. The walls were all flat and white.
âSO WHATâS IN THE CHAMBER?â
âWell, itâs something I found outside earlier. It was just lying there, doing nothing.â
A shadow emerged from the back of the chamber.
âAh, hello my fellow chaps! Itâs been quite the day since Iâve seen my brother and sister and I in the same room without another employee.â
It was Xeano The Fox (Otherwise known as Xeano). He was wearing his usual black tuxedo, and accompanying the suit was a diamond studded cane. Xeano was, in Stormâs mind, a freak. A weirdo. A moron. A what-have-you. He was always wearing something fancy and always spoke fancily. And should it not be mentioned later, he was a fox.
âSo, shall we show the lady the beast?â
Mino walked up to the chamber and started fiddling around with something. Storm couldnât see what it was. After a moment, the three locked their eyes on the chamber in hopes that theyâd see something especially incredible.
âWHAT IS IT?â
The two scientists stared at her, and then looked back at the chamber without saying anything. Mino continued fiddling and the machine started making a very loud whirring noise. Storm tried yelling something but her voice was overpowered by the sound. In a sudden instant, a large black blob bubbled up into the air and was suspended without any supports. It was quite the sight.
âThis is what we found.â
âWHAT IS IT?â
âWell, my dear, lovable Storm, that for which information needs to be found with is the tool, a specific tool actually, and of that tool have we not at this moment.â
âSO?â
âSo we donât know.â
The whole facility began to shake, which Storm thought was extremely cliche and if someone ever made her life into a biography would have to add in a second-person footnote to show that the author recognizes the extreme cliche. Sometimes her mind raced mindlessly, and she knew it.
The chamber exploded in a fiery inferno and the floating black âgoopâ floated into the main lab. The fire dissipated unusually fast. The three sprinted after it and found that it was gone. After a quick head-scratching session, the shaking stopped. Mino went over to his largest computer and hit a button. Storm didnât know why, but she doubted Mino knew what he was doing. A lot, as a matter of fact. The monitor, which was about the size of a movie screen, came on and a face appeared. Mino turned and sprinted out of the room without a word, and Xeano glanced at Storm without a peep. Xeano fainted and laid on the floor. The face gained a bit more structure and began to speak.
âLololololololol I knocked him out cold.â
Storm thought it was pretty unusual for someone to literally say âlolâ over and over again, but she was more so worried about the fear in her friendsâ auroras.
âHI.â
Storm always knew it was courteous to be polite to someone, regardless of the situation.
âLol so who are you?â
âIâM STORM. YOUâRE NICE. WHO ARE YOU?â
âNameâs Daleks, but you can call me Shovel if you want.â
âWHY DO YOU LIKE SHOVEL?â
âWell, you see, back in grade school I had this buddy, and we would always call each other funny names. My first name is-â
âYAWN. BORING. HURRY UPâ
âOkay, people call me Shovel because itâs funny.â
âTHATâS NICE.â
The face on the computer (which will be referred to as âDaleksâ from now on) looked annoyed, but the emotional hint alluded Storm, as usual.
âSO WHERE ARE YOU FROM?â
âWell, you see, I came from a planet a few lightye-â
âBORING.â
âIâm an alien, basically. You know, you donât have much patience.â
âMOO.â
âMoo...?â
Daleks gave one of the most confused faces ever.
âSO WHY DID THESE GUYS GET SCARED?â
Storm meant to ask this earlier, but she never had much of an attention span, if you couldnât tell by now anyway.
âI kind of destroyed my home. I always mess everything up.â
âBUT YOU SEEM NICE. WANT A COOKIE?â
âI canât eat cookies.â
âWANT SOME AP?â
âI canât take AP.â
Storm sat for a moment and stared at the floor.
âIâM GOING TO GO NOW.â
âUh, okay.
Hey, wait, before you go, would you mind hitting this red button below me?â
Storm walked over the humongous keyboard and picked out the first red button she saw.
âThank you.â
Storm turned and walked out of the lab and ultimately out of the Imaginarium. She left Xeano behind because she thought the Daleks thing was nice and would take care of him nicely. She completely forgot about Mino. Speaking of Mino, Storm witnessed a small plane flying above the city. It looked a lot like Minoâs. Maybe it was Mino, she thought; so she watched it for a moment. It was a typical bi-plane with green and black stripes. On the side was a sentence saying, âMetal or GTFO.â Storm could see it because she had terrific vision, but her other senses were simply average. She was a very intelligent person, but she had a hard time communicating so. When the plane was out of sight, Storm wandered off to the middle city, completely oblivious of the great explosion behind her that tore the Imaginarium apart, or the large T-Rex that was pulling itself out of the rubble.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Chapter 1
Part 3: More Booms

Pickpocket ran. He really, really ran. Pickpocket was an exceptionally speedy runner, but he still couldnât run fast enough. He eventually found his way to the Imaginarium, or rather, what was left of it. Everything was burning, and what wasnât burning was crumbled into two million pieces. He jumped across the burning blocks and whatnot and found the shaft. The shaft wasnât surrounded by anything anymore: the structure surrounding it was gone. He hopped down the shaft. As he fell, he reminisced.
Pickpocket was what most would call a âlost causeâ. As a child, he stole from his neighbors. A a teenager, he was forced out of his home. He lived in a faraway land and had heard that ArmorCity was full of treasure, from an anonymous friend of course. He decided he should travel. Upon arriving, he met Storm, and she gave him that deliciously sweet AP stuff. Since then heâd found a few anonymous friends who could supply him with more. The more he took, the stronger and faster he got, but the more he needed it. In this current moment in time, he was searching for his contact: a supposed little robot who knew his way around the city. He was told to go the Imaginarium, which he did but didnât realize it, so he came back. He was fairly ignorant of the destruction because he was used to chaos, and he had only one goal in mind anyway.
Pick fell to the bottom floor and sprinted off. He found the small robot huddled in a corner, surrounded by fire. The robot was no bigger than his hand, but it was so loud and beeped so obnoxiously that he couldnât ignore it. He had been instructed to put this robot in his ear, which he did immediately. The robot squeezed into his ear but Pick barely noticed because he was a bit more worried about the fire at that point. He felt the robot get in very deep, and so he yelled,
âWhere are we going!?â
Normally the robotâs speaker was too small to make conversation, but it was much closer to his eardrum now.
âRun straight and donât stop!â
The robot had a funnily high voice.
Pick did exactly what he was told to do and ran clear into the cement wall, looking a fool.
âWhy did you make me do that!?â
âI just thought it would be funny, aha. Seriously though, go through that black door on the right.â
Pick looked to the right and saw the black door. Being right next to the wall, it wasnât much of a reach. They forced themselves into the door and into the room.
âWell, at least it isnât burning here.â
The robot hopped out of the ear and scurried over to a larger robot. The robot was named R2, but he was so small that no one could read his factory-printed name. They werenât even too sure of how he was able to move so quickly. He went up the larger robot and went into a hole. In an instant, the larger robot began moving. It looked like a metallic man in an actual suit, but there was no face. In place there was a speaker.
âThis is my surrogate. You like?â
âUh, yeah...â
Pickpocket was a bit confused by the recent events.
âA Minotaur built it for me.â
âUh, sure...â
R2 walked up to Pick and bonked him on the head.

Blackness.

Pickpocket woke up next to an older man. He never was good at recovering after sudden blackouts, so his eyes couldnât adjust.
âHey there.â
âUh, hello.â
âNameâs Luka.â
âHiya.â
âBet youâre wondering where youâre at.â
âYeah, I am.â
âThat robot friend of yours dropped you off here and ran off.â
âWhere is âhereâ, exactly?â
âA cosplay party.â
âA... what?â
âIâm dressed up like Gandalf, you know, from the Lord of the Rings.â
âOh... Thatâs cool.â
Pickpocket had no idea what this man was talking about.
âOh, and your friend left me with a note. Itâs just a little something on a piece of paper is all.â
âWhatâs it say?â
âCanât read. Can you?â
âHeck no.â
âThey said I had to give it to you when you woke up.â
âBut I canât read.â
âI know. You just said that.â
âWhat should we do?â
âI can do whatever it says for you.â
âHow can you find out?â
âI have friends.â
Pickpocket gave Luka an okay and he walked off. Pickâs head hurt erroneously, so he decided itâd be best to lay down and take a nap.

Luka walked out of the party and into the street. He looked up to see that a dinosaur was walking down the street. Gripped by this sudden fear, his body was completely restrained and he couldnât do anything but stand there and watch. The dinosaur kicked Luka in the head with its big toe, completely oblivious to his presence, and wandered off. The dinosaur was leaving large footprints in the worn, rat-infested streets.

Blackness (again).

Luka woke up on the street sometime later and examined himself. Around him he saw the oddest little creatures, almost like they were from a childrenâs story book. [You, the reader, get to know that Luka had suffered brain damage and believed he was Gandalf The Gray. Thank Newman for footnotes] A small family walked up to him and he exclaimed, âYOU SHALL NOT PASS.â

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Hey guys! The co-artist here! Just finished drawing up the majority of the cast in the story and such (designs may change in the future), so I'm posting it so you guys can visualize them better. Some of these characters haven't appeared yet...

Fun, ain't it?
See if you can spot the AG people that go with each one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img40/9857/9xdz.jpg

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Here's the link if you want to see it in zoom.

http://imageshack.us/a/img40/9857/9xdz.jpg

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I never had a nickname for the kid that gave me the shovel nickname. And it was high school I got that name...

Showing 31-45 of 276