ForumsThe TavernBattle of the Beasts (Current battle: pg. 39)

366 132302
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

This thread is just like Battle of the Bands or Battle of the Brands, except with creatures.
Basically all you do is you vote for an animal that would beat the other.
Today we will solve one of movies greatest mysteries:
Lions
http://eofdreams.com/data_images/dreams/lion/lion-05.jpg

Vs.

Bears
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/005/cache/grizzly-bear_566_600x450.jpg

Which one is stronger?

• 366 Replies
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Wrong bull pic. Whoops.

XD Smooth. I vote rhinos because of their tough hide. You never see a human trying to ride a rhino.

*disclaimer: I know that one of you will look it up and find someone riding a rhino. I meant that it isn't COMMON to see someone riding a rhino.
Charlie506
Charlie506
1,298 posts
Nomad

Rhino becuase, HORNS.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Rhino because of tough hide and boss attitude.

We only think of bulls of being so aggressive because of bull fighting...but that is after they have been starved and tortured, and then being aggravated by a waving cloth.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

Bulls have been domesticated and rhinos are wild animals so on that basis I'll go with rhino because the only advantage I see the bull having is speed and I honestly think it could stand a chance but the rhino is heavier and tougher the bull would have to be agile enough to consistently dodge the rhino long enough to do enough damage to take the rhino down I just don't see it happening.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

Rhino, pretty much for the above reasons.

gamerguy12345
gamerguy12345
2,851 posts
Bard

Rhino, for reasons already mentioned.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Rhinoceros. Nobody has ever tried to make "Rhino fighting" a thing because the casualties would be too high.

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Rhinoceros. Cause it's in general tougher than the bull. Also, did anybody else read "Battle of the breasts" when they first looked at this thread? I don't think I've ever clicked on something so fast in my life. >_>

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Alright I'm back and this time I'll be serious no overpowered mountain vs weak pebble anymore.

NYC gave me lots of time to think.

Man
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/ruivalesousa/ruivalesousa1105/ruivalesousa110500182/9499121-young-man-in-suit-offering-to-sha

vs

Woman
http://nutritionistinnyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/smiling-woman.jpg

By the way, just incase if anyone brings it up. No weapons of any type except their body.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Well, it really depends. On paper, a man would win in a fight just through sheer physical strength as a result of testosterone.

By think, there are a multitude of other variables to consider. What if the man is infatuated with the woman or vice-versa? What if the woman was a professional bodybuilder? What if the man has a personal virtue of not hitting women? What if the man was a 90 year old and the woman was in her youth? Have they taken any substances that could impair or inhibit any of their senses, or boosted them? Consider their psychological states, as well. There are more, but I won't list them.

There are far too many variables to consider, so I'll just flip this coin to decide. Heads for men, tails for women.

Looks like I vote for the woman.

metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

Well if it's just one on one and no other things involved...I still don't know.
But since the first vote was for the woman then I'll vote for the man. Alternate. Hahaha!

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

@Riptizoid101

I think in these battles we are talking about the average beast to not complicate things and as a result I can't see why a woman would win men are stronger and tougher its just how it is.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

I think in these battles we are talking about the average beast to not complicate things and as a result I can't see why a woman would win men are stronger and tougher its just how it is.

But see, battles are not won through sheer physical strength. It's a psychological and strategic battle, too. This is made even more prominent when it comes to humans.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

But see, battles are not won through sheer physical strength. It's a psychological and strategic battle, too. This is made even more prominent when it comes to humans.

There is a reason you don't get female fighters in the ufc because they wouldn't stand much of a chance.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,254 posts
Regent

But see, battles are not won through sheer physical strength.

Put an average man and an average woman in a room with nothing, and the man will usually win. Of course a woman could have visited a self-defence course, or deceive the physically superior adversary with cunning.. but so could a man.
Showing 61-75 of 366