Forums

ForumsVideo Games

What makes a good game in your opinion?

Posted Sep 30, '13 at 9:48am

xaeros

xaeros

54 posts

In general, the most important part of a good game (in my honest opinion) is a good storyline. Or at least one that is humorous, or interesting.

aggre that. Also, DLCs are bad if they are badly implemented (see Final Fantasy : All The Bravest for a good example of really bad DLC).
A little RPG (be it only chara design) is also a good thing

Posted Sep 30, '13 at 11:17am

FreckledTerror

FreckledTerror

57 posts

I like strategy games that continue after the storyline ends so that you can just have fun with your ultimate teams. shooters must have multiplayer, a good storyline, the campaign must have a good sniper mission for when you just want to mess with the computer and see what they will do (talking about CoD's Modern Warfare mission "All Ghillied Up" mission here)

Posted Sep 30, '13 at 9:11pm

stinkyjim

stinkyjim

476 posts

Options. Don't make a game that sets you on a straight path, and make the choices meaningful later in the game. Take Skyrim for example: The reason it gets so much praise is because there is an endless amount of paths you can take; You can become a legend, that the bards will sing about for centuries by claiming the role of the Dragonborn, or you can become a professional assassin and kill some of the most important people in the game. You could also be a hunter, thief, blacksmith, etc.
People love to have complete control of their character. Do this, and your game will be epic.

Posted Oct 4, '13 at 3:17am

K261326

K261326

26 posts

For me a Good game must have a Good Story and Great Graphics. It's not easy and there's a little puzzle or any mind bugging quest. The more quests the better.

Posted Oct 7, '13 at 3:16am

Medabotz

Medabotz

12 posts

High end Graphics and Sounds
Realistic Skill animation and character movements
Good Storyline
Good looking Environment
Theme.

Posted Oct 13, '13 at 12:44am

Drink

Drink

1,639 posts

[quoteHigh end Graphics and Sounds
Realistic Skill animation and character movements
Good Storyline
Good looking Environment
Theme.

we intend of keeping graphics to something like current gen for a first game

Posted Oct 13, '13 at 12:45am

Drink

Drink

1,639 posts

even after being on this site since 2009 i still dont know how to quote[quote]

Posted Oct 14, '13 at 10:09am

bazz1

bazz1

288 posts

Interesting Storyline
Original Gameplay (Also good of course =) )
Good music
Easy modability
Good optimization

In my opinion, Multiplayer should only be a bonus, not a main feature.

Posted Oct 15, '13 at 10:30pm

Drink

Drink

1,639 posts

In my opinion, Multiplayer should only be a bonus, not a main feature

well the multiplayer as for now is the main feature and the campaign the bonus, but this is still all in talks, and scripts arent fully done, things are due to change so story mode might be the main and multiplayer a bonus

Posted Oct 29, '13 at 11:44pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,093 posts

I usually look for unique gameplay, decent storyline (depends what type of game), high replayability, and character customization. Multiplayer is a bonus for me. I don't really stress over graphics much but good graphics would be nice..

Reply to What makes a good game in your opinion?

You must be logged in to post a reply!