ForumsGamesWhat makes a good game in your opinion?

21 10887
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

Hey guys been a long time since i made a topic huh?

well anyways me and my friends have a website for the game we are creating, we already looked into the programs and engines and everything else we need but also i would like ideas from you guys.

it's gonna be online multiplayer and i would like to know what you think makes a good multiplayer game (campaign will be released later on).

give me good ideas that should be put into a online multiplayer game to keep it fun? for multiplayer its going to be futuristic, might be like a mix of dust 514 and halo but being different at the same thing [just trying to give an idea on how to explain what it might look like]

• 21 Replies
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

even after being on this site since 2009 i still dont know how to quote[quote]

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Interesting Storyline
Original Gameplay (Also good of course =) )
Good music
Easy modability
Good optimization

In my opinion, Multiplayer should only be a bonus, not a main feature.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

In my opinion, Multiplayer should only be a bonus, not a main feature

well the multiplayer as for now is the main feature and the campaign the bonus, but this is still all in talks, and scripts arent fully done, things are due to change so story mode might be the main and multiplayer a bonus
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I usually look for unique gameplay, decent storyline (depends what type of game), high replayability, and character customization. Multiplayer is a bonus for me. I don't really stress over graphics much but good graphics would be nice..

kellynmcfinch
kellynmcfinch
132 posts
Nomad

not too sure. but every game needs a good balance. more action less story = less balance

metalplastic
metalplastic
191 posts
Nomad

Its Replay Value. High Replay Value = Good Game or for me it's already perfect.

What gives a high replay value is anyone's guess. Though I think it has to do with a lot of extra content with a favorite gameplay of the player and a story that makes sense. The graphics to me is the least concern.

When you see yourself in a situation where you look for that 'old' game once again...then that game FOR YOU has good replay value. And if it's agreed upon by many players then one could say that overall it is indeed a "Good Game".

Showing 16-21 of 21